Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 APO Planar T* ZE Lens Canon EF
ZEISS Otus 85mm f/1.4 APO ZE Lens for Canon EF
An absolute highlight for those who appreciate the finer details - in a lens that also offers you all the creative freedoms you could possibly desire. With the ZEISS Otus 1.4/85, you can look forward to sublime performance in almost every possible photographic situation.
The ZEISS Otus 1.4/85 is a superlative lens in every respect – just like every other focal length in the unique ZEISS Otus family. A lens designed and constructed with the comprehensive expertise and vast experience of ZEISS.
Features in portraits and finest details in textures are not the only thangs reproduced in perfect quality by the Otus 1.4/85. Its extremely large initial aperture is simply ideal for isolating subjects from their backgrounds. At the same time, the Otus 1.4/85 is far more than a portrait lens. Take advantage of its high speed for available light photography, its moderate angle of view for landscapes or its close focusing distance for reproductions.
The optical correction of the Otus 1.4/85 completely eliminates almost all possible forms of aberration – and makes every picture you take as exciting as the first, even after thousands of exposures.
Product features in detail
Because this lens is an apochromat, chromatic aberrations (axial chromatic aberations) are corrected with elements of special glass with anomalous partial dispersion. The chromatic aberrations are therefore significantly below the defined limits. Bright-dark transitions in the image, and especially highlights, are reproduced almost completely free of color artifacts.
The ultimate in image contrast
Aberrations caused by extreme differences between shadows and highlights are particularly obvious in images captured at night. Thanks to the outstanding correction of lateral chromatic aberration, the floodlit facade is reproduced with absolute perfection.
No colour fringing
Sources of light located in front of or behind the plane of focus present particular challenges to every lens. In the case of the ZEISS Otus, longitudinal chromatic aberration is so low that practically no colour fringing occurs.
The medium format look
Thanks to its exceptional sharpness, the ZEISS Otus exploits the full potentials of contemporary high-resolution sensors and rewards photographers with images characterised by breathataking rendition of even the finest details.
The aspherical lens design ensures consistent imaging performance throughout the entire focusing range as well as sharpness to the periphery of the image. The asphere's more complex surface profile can reduce or eliminate spherical aberration and also reduce other optical aberrations compared to a simple lens.
Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 APO Planar T* ZE Lens Canon EF Specifications
|Focal length range||85mm|
|Compatible camera s||Canon DSLRs|
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Canon Lenses EF mount|
|Aperture ring: Yes|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 101|
|Length (mm): 138|
|Weight (g): 1140|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 85 mm|
|Focus method: Internal|
|Filter Thread: 86 mm|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: Canon EF|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 85|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): 1.4|
|Maximum aperture (text): f/1.4|
|Max Format size: Full Frame|
|Minimum focal length: 85|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.8|
|Minimum aperture (number): 16|
|Minimum aperture (text): f/16|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: Prime lens|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.