Tamron 18-400mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD Lens Canon EF
- Ideal as a one-lens-fits-all solution with its weight and compactness
- Incredibly versatile letting you explore pretty much any kind of photography
Tamron 18-400mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD Lens - Canon Fit Summary
Tarmron18-400mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD Lens - Canon Fit Features in Detail
The world's first ultra-telephoto all-in-one zoom lens to achieve 400mm telephoto
The focal length of 400mm on the telephoto end enables the capturing of ultra-telephoto pictures with the 35mm equivalent of 640mm angle of view.
Now, with just this one lens, a photographer can readily enjoy the power of the ultra-telephoto to bring distant subjects closer as well as the perspective-flattening effects that only extreme telephoto settings can achieve.
This all-in-one zoom lens is ideal for travel and everyday carry. It allows a photographer to switch from wide-angle to ultra-telephoto without changing lenses, making it faster and easier to capture a much wider range of subjects including travel scenes, wildlife, action sports, landscapes, cityscapes, portraits and food.
Excellent image quality across the entire zoom range, from wide-angle to ultra-telephoto
Optimum power distribution among the individual lens element groups achieves both the optical performance and the compact size necessary for an ultra-telephoto all-in-one zoom lens that boasts 400mm focal length. Also, it enables tele-macro photography with a maximum magnification ratio of 1:2.9.
lightweight and compact design exhibits Tamron's basic philosophy for all-in-one zoom lenses
A new lens barrel design utilizing three-step extensions was developed to enable the necessary elongation to produce a 22.2x zoom ratio.
Compared to the conventional approach, the division into a larger number of cams ensures comfortable operation and stability while zooming. Tamron's philosophy for all-in-one zoom lenses is to allow each photographer to casually capture everyday images with a lens of a practical size.
HLD motor provides high-precision AF and enables compact lens construction
The power-saving HLD motor produces outstanding driving torque, and adjusts motor rotation from low to high speed to enable accurate and quiet focusing. The HLD motor takes up less space thanks to its small size and circular arc shape that allows the size of the lens to be reduced.
User-friendly features for everyday comfortable use
Compatible with TAP-in Console an optional accessory product
External design placing importance on functionality and ease of use
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Canon Lenses EF mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 79|
|Length (mm): 124|
|Weight (g): 710|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 18 - 400 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: Yes|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 400|
|Maximum magnification: 0.34|
|Maximum aperture (number): 3.5|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 18|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.45|
|Minimum aperture (number): 40|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 7|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: Low dispersion, aspherical, hybrid aspherical elements|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: Yes|
|Zoom method: N/A|
New lenses tend to come with all sorts of new acronyms to impress upon us that there is something new-fangled contained within and whilst impressive in their own right, are usually new iterations of existing focal lengths or ranges.
This lens doesn't fall into that category, with a truly unique focal range of 18-400mm (35mm equivalent of ~29mm to 640mm on Canon APS-C DSLRs) meaning you can go through the spectrum of focal lengths from wide-angle up to ultra-telephoto.
Tamron's Vibration Compensation is built-in and will become most effective when you are exploring that at the telephoto end of things - meaning you will be able to shoot hand-held at those longer focal lengths.
Thanks to the HLD motor this is a much more compact lens than you would expect - and is ideal for the person looking to take their camera away but not to have a boatload of lenses to tow along with them.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.