Sony UTX-B40/K33 Bodypack Transmitter
The Sony UTX-B40/K33 is a Wireless Bodypack Transmitter which is compact and lightweight offering High quality sound with Sony digital audio processing along with easy to use features including NFC SYNC
- Updated compact and more portable design which is capable of high quality pro audio in the field
- Quick and easy secure Channel Setting with NFC SYNC with one-button operation
- Advanced features including Auto gain mode volume control and +15 dB Boost
- Daylight viewable OLED screen to easily check settings indoors and outside
- Reliable RF transmission and true double tuner diversity reception
Sony UTX-B40 Wireless Bodypack Transmitter Summary
The latest generation UTX-B40/K33 Bodypack Transmitter from Sony is 20% smaller than previous UWP-D models ensuring a lightweight system for added portability. Sony has also added NFC SYNC for quick one-button channel selection and syncing with a receiver. An all-metal construction and daylight viewable OLED screen ensure the UTX-B40 is durable wherever filming takes you, indoors or out. It also captures excellent sound quality with digital processing, reliable RF transmission and true double tuner diversity reception. An ECM-V1BMP lavalier microphone is included with the transmitter.
Features at a glance
- NFC SYNC function for quick and easy secure channel setting
- Auto gain mode volume control
- +15 dB gain volume boost mode for off-mic audio
- Line input
- Daylight viewable OLED display
- Includes ECM-V1BMP lavalier microphone
A new digital audio interface enables direct digital sound recording with many Sony professional camcorders and Alpha mirrorless cameras via the SMAD-P5 Multi Interface MI shoe adaptor. This accessory allows you to bypass A/D and D/A conversion stages to further ensure excellent sound quality.
Sony UTX-B40/K33 Bodypack Transmitter in More Detail
- High quality sound with Sony digital audio processing
- NFC SYNC function for quick and easy secure channel setting (IR sync capability with URX-P03, URX-P03D, and URX-S03D receivers)
- Transmitter frequency sent to receiver for matching multiple receivers to one transmitter
- Variable muting function
- Compatibility with Sony WL-800/UWP/UWP-D series
- USB connector for power supply
Digital audio processing for high quality sound
Sony’s advanced digital audio processing technology assures high quality sound with improved transient response performance.
Simple Channel Setting with NFC SYNC
One-button SYNC on the receiver scans and selects the cleanest channel. Use near-field communication to touch the two devices together for easy syncing.
Reduced Size and Weight
The UTX-B40 Bodypack is around 20% smaller than the previous generation, so you can avoid a bulky wireless system and remain lightweight.
Auto Gain Mode
Auto Gain mode has you covered when you are unsure of the talent’s volume, setting the gain moderately high automatically, then using a limiter to help prevent distortion.
+15 dB Boost for off-mic Audio
The +15 dB boost resets the gain when the microphone is not near the person’s mouth to avoid insufficient audio levels during interviews.
Set the appropriate input levels with MIC/LINE switching levels and adjustable attenuators.
Transmitter Frequency Sent to Receiver
It’s easy to set up multiple receivers in combination with one transmitter. NFC communication relays transmitter settings such as frequency and compander mode directly to the receiver.
Headphone Monitor Output
Sound can be monitored directly from the receiver even if the camera doesn’t have a headphone output, the wireless receiver does.
Pressing the MUTE button silences the audio output from the Transmitter, while the Variable Mute function lets you determine whether the audio is muted for different operating states.
High-Visibility OLED Display
You’ll see operating status instantly and accurately, regardless of whether the unit is being used indoors or outdoors, with the quick response of the OLED display.
For long-term use or low-battery emergencies, the transmitter can draw DC power from the USB interface.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.