- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Sony FE 14mm f/1.8 GM Lens
The Sony 14mm f/1.8 GM Lens arrives as the widest full frame prime for E-mount, combining speed, image and build quality, ideal for subjects as diverse as astro, landscape, architecture and portraits.
Earn 1399 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- Professional quality wide angle lens with incredibly sharp results throughout the frame
- Highly responsive silent linear AF motors lock on to subjects from near to far almost instantly
- A combination of features ensure this is an extremely capable stills and video lens
- Premium G Master quality from ergonomics through to weather sealed, durable build quality
- The widest prime lens in Sony’s range opens up new possibilities for diverse subjects
Sony FE 14mm f/1.8 GM Lens Summary
The Sony FE 14mm f/1.8 GM Lens arrives as the widest prime for Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras and the 64th in the lens line-up. Designed as a premium full frame G Master signifies the lens combines speed with image and build quality, suitable for enthusiasts and professionals to gain the best results possible for their craft. At this ultra wide focal width subjects could include astrophotography, landscape and architecture, however the fast f/1.8 aperture and quick, silent AF open this up to portrait and documentary photographers as well. Videographers will also be able to enjoy Sony’s 14mm f/1.8 GM thanks to two completely silent autofocus motors and a de-clickable aperture ring.
SEL14F18GM Key Features
- Incredibly sharp results from a complex lens design
- Circular 9-bladed aperture results in beautifully smooth backgrounds
- High clarity and contrast even with backlit subjects
- Two XD linear motors ensure fast and precise autofocus
- De-clickable aperture ring for videography
- Dust and moisture resistance in keeping with G Master quality
The complex lens design includes a number of special elements and coatings to maintain consistently professional results. These are two XA (extreme aspherical) elements along with two ED (Extra Low dispersion), one Super ED and one aspherical element. The result of this is a wide angle capable of extremely high resolution, corder to corner sharpness and natural results even when shooting into light at extreme angles.
Sony FE 14mm f/1.8 GM Lens in More Detail
Excellent image results
The optical design employed in this prime wide angle include a number of special elements to extract the highest level of detail with sharp results from edge to edge. Low chromatic aberration is displayed along with excellent flare and ghost control. Sony’s new Nano AR Coating II is applied to the element surface, minimising internal reflections so that flare and ghosting do not occur.
Anyone shooting at night with star and astrophotography will also be happy to hear the 14mm f/1.8 GM has minimised sagittal coma flare, resulting in sharper, better controlled corners. Of course this is useful for other subjects too and cements the quality which Sony has considered when designing the lens.
Highly compact design
Sony has developed the lens to be as portable as possible, keeping size and weight to a minimum despite the excellent results which can be achieved. It measures just 83 x 99.8mm making it one of the smallest prime GM lenses in the E-mount range, perfect for photographers on the move.
Dynamic wide angle compositions
A close focus distance of just 0.25m facilitates dynamic wide compositions, which is particularly useful for subjects such as portraits and landscapes where a close foreground element might be included in the frame.
Advanced AF capabilities
Two XD (Extreme Dynamic) Linear Motors ensure incredibly fast focus speeds even from near to far, meaning this could also be used for portraits or documentary photography, particularly when combined with Sony’s Eye and Face detect system.
The 14mm f/1.8 comes with a template to cut your own filters as it is such a wide focal width. Filters go into a holder at the back of the lens mount and cater for outdoor photographers who need a polarising or light pollution filter.
What’s in the box
- FE 14mm f/1.8 GM Lens
- Front cap
- Rear cap (ALC-R1EM)
- Filter template
- Lens case
Sony FE 14mm f/1.8 GM Lens Sample images
Mounted on Sony a7R IV. Exposure: 13 seconds. f/1.8 ISO 1600
Mounted on Sony a7R IV. Exposure: 13 seconds. f/1.8 ISO 1600
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Please note that, due to calculations, your monthly repayment may differ very slightly from what you were expecting. Please check your monthly repayment figure before proceeding
Missed or late payments will result in fees and additional interest on your loan and can also affect your credit file and your ability to obtain credit in the future.
Credit is subject to status, UK only, 18+
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Duologi.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
Modern mirrorless cameras demand a lot from the lenses we use, whether that be high resolution, fast autofocus or natural results with minimised flare. The 14mm f/1.8 GM Lens from Sony delivers on all of these fronts ensuring any level of photographer will be extremely happy with the results throughout their favourite subjects. Ultra wide angles aren’t for the faint hearted though, often requiring the photographer or videographer to get extremely close to their focal point. Once again this lens delivers with a close focus distance of just 25cm which facilitates those dynamic compositions, even if we have to focus stack. 14mm is the widest prime available from Sony sure to entice astro photographers looking for the best results which they can achieve. Similarly content creators shooting video will find a lot to love about this compact 460g model with fast, silent AF and a de-clickable aperture ring.
Sony take their G master lenses very seriously so you can rest assured the image quality is as robust as the build quality with thorough weather sealing, excellent durability and well thought out ergonomics. In this regard the 14mm f/1.8 GM barrel comes with a manual focus switch, customisable button and an aperture ring which can be set to silent. If you’re considering an ultra wide prime this really is G Master at its best.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.