Sony DSC-WX500 Compact Digital Camera Black
Packed with features such as a Zeiss 30x optical zoom, the Sony DSC-WX350 compact camera in black also sports 180-degree tilt-able LCD monitor for easy selfies and portraits with quality 18.2MP images.
- Zeiss lens, massive optical zoom
- Quality video recording
- Connectivity options
- 180 degree tiltable screen
Sony Disc WX500 Compact Camera - Black Product Summary
With a 30x optical zoom in a compact body, the Disc WX500 is perfect for travel photography or casual weekend shooting.
The new compact body features a Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T 30x optical zoom lens which occupies 30% less space with the camera than previous models allowing a noticeable downsizing of the body.
- 18.2MP Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- 30x optical zoom
- High resolution, 180 degree tiltable 3" LCD screen
- Zeiss T coating helps reduce reflections, ghosting and flare on the lens surface
- Movie making features are improved with a 5-axis image stabilization system, as well as the choice to record in XAVC S3, or AVCHD format.
- Bracket map4 format filming to create web compressed map4 files for easy sharing.
- NFC and Wi-Fi capability to transfer photos and movies
- Variety of pre-set modes for ease of use
Sony DSC-WX500 Compact Digital Camera Black Specifications
1/2.3 type (7.82mm) Exmor R CMOS sensor
Contrast detection AF
AVCHD (up to 1,920x1,080/50p at 28Mbps)
10 fps (for up to 10 shots)
3.0'' (7.5 cm) (4:3) / 921,600 dots / Xtra Fine / TFT LCD
NFC One-touch functionality, Wi-Fi
ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* Lens OPTICAL ZOOM 30x
Memory Stick Duo;Memory Stick PRO Duo;Memory Stick PRO Duo(High Speed);Memory Stick PROHG Duo;Memory Stick Micro;Memory Stick Micro (Mark2);SD Memory Card;SDHC Memory Card;SDXC Memory Card(UHS-I);microSD Memory Card; microSDHC Memory Card; microSDXC Memory Card
101.6 x 58.1 x 35.5 mm
209 g (Body only), 236 g (With battery and media)
|Offer Category: Digital Cameras|
|Offer Product Type: Compact Cameras|
|Model: Sony DSC-WX500|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: Yes|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 360|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 10.0|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: Yes|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 18|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: N/A|
|Flash range (metres): 5.40 m (Auto ISO)|
|Focal length (equiv.): 24 - 720 mm|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): 58|
|Length (mm): 36|
|Width (mm): 102|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 236|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: Auto, 80 - 12800|
|JPEG quality levels: Fine, standard|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 12800|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: 3.50|
|Manual focus: N/A|
|Microphone port: N/A|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): 5|
|Minimum ISO: 80|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): 5|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: N/A|
|Number of white balance presets: 8|
|Optical zoom multiplier: 30.0|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Processor: BIONZ X|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: 921000|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 21.00|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: Yes|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: Yes|
We love how Sony have managed to fit in a whopping 30x optical zoom, while reducing the overall size of the camera .
The scene selection mode allows you to cater for all situations, meaning you won’t miss a moment.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.