Sony DSC-RX100 Compact Camera
The sleek aluminium Sony DSC-RX100 is a 20.2MP compact camera with a world first 1.0 sensor capable of excellent low light shooting & fast speeds, sports a beautiful Zeiss T* zoom lens many features.
- Manual controls
- Raw capture
- Pocket sized
- Responsive autofocus
Big sensor and bright lens for better pictures in a pocket-sized body
Captures crisp detail with 1.0-type (13.2 x 8.8mm) approximately 20.2 effective megapixel Exmor CMOS sensor and F1.8 Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 3.6x optical zoom lens
- Get low-noise handheld shots in low light with high sensitivity up to ISO 256002
- Intuitive operation with Control Ring for creative photo shooting
- Powerful features packaged into sleek, compact styling in aluminium body, thanks to newly developed AA (Advanced Aspherical) lens
- Shoot Full HD movies with extremely low noise and full creative control
- Auto Portrait framing, Creative Style and Picture Effect modes
Travelling light doesn't mean compromising on picture quality with the new Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 camera.
Sleekly crafted in aluminium for strength, lightness and luxurious looks, the RX100 inherits many advanced imaging features from Sony's range of A-mount and E-mount camera families. It's an accomplished partner for travel, portraits or street photography, with impressive picture quality and intuitive, comfortable control options that make the RX100 ideal as a step-up from point-and-shoot cameras. It's also ideal as a pocket-sized second camera for enthusiasts who want to capture pristine stills and Full HD video while they're on the move.
At the heart of the Cyber-shot RX100 is the world's first* 1.0-type Exmor CMOS sensor with a resolution of 20.2 effective megapixels. Specially developed by Sony, the sensor has an area that's around four times larger than the 1/2.3-type imager in regular point-and-shoot cameras. Capturing far more light than small-sensor cameras, it's the key to beautiful, detail packed images and Full HD movie clips with very low noise.
The larger sensor is partnered with an ultra-bright Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* lens with 3.6x optical zoom range. In contrast with standard point-and-shoot cameras, the wide F1.8 maximum aperture lets in more light to complement the resolving power of the large 1.0-type Exmor CMOS sensor.
In common with high-performance DSLR optics, the lens features seven- bladed circular aperture. This makes it easy to produce pro-style bokeh' effects, with subjects in sharp focus against a smoothly-blurred background. The lens also features an Advanced Aspherical (AA) glass element that contributes to the camera's extremely compact dimensions without sacrificing optical performance or resolution.
|Offer Category: Digital Cameras|
|Offer Product Type: Compact Cameras|
|Model: Sony DSC RX100|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: Yes|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 330|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 10.0|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: Yes|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 20|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: N/A|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): 28 - 100 mm|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): 58|
|Length (mm): 36|
|Width (mm): 102|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 240|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400, 12800, 25600|
|JPEG quality levels: N/A|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 25600|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: 1.80|
|Manual focus: Yes|
|Microphone port: N/A|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: 100|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): 5|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 25|
|Number of white balance presets: 9|
|Optical zoom multiplier: 3.6|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: 1228800|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 21.00|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: Yes|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
With a large sensor in a compact body, the Sony RX100 offers top quality in a small package, making it operfect for travel and holiday images, as well as for hassle free, high image shots of family and friends.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.