Sony a7 III Mirrorless Body With Sony FE 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens Kit
Sony's latest addition to the astounding a7 range of full-frame mirrorless cameras is the Sony a7 III. Packed with the latest imaging technologies, the a7 can produce the best photos and 4k video while keeping weight and size down.
- Improves on the already revolutionary a7 II – faster and more capable than ever
- The amazing auto-focus system – super fast and accurate
- Continuous shooting at 10 fps at full resolution
- True 4K video and FullHD in up to 5x slow motion
- Long battery life – less need for bulky spare batteries
SONY A7 III FULL-FRAME MIRRORLESS DIGITAL CAMERA + 28-70MM KIT SUMMARY
Sony a7 III Mirrorless Digital Camera Body
Sony continues to deliver industry-leading full-frame mirrorless cameras with the Sony a7 III. Boasting a brand new 24.2MP back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS image sensor with increased sensitivity, outstanding resolution and an impressive 15 stops of dynamic range at low sensitivities, the a7 III will give you the tools to produce an amazing range of images. Pair these with cutting edge software features such as 93% coverage lightning-fast autofocus and 5-axis image stabilisation to capture content in new and different ways with stunning results.
- Newly Developed Full-frame 24.2MP Back-Illuminated Exmor R CMOS Image Sensor with Evolved Image Processing
- Wide ISO range of 100 - 51200 (expandable to ISO 50 - 204800 for still images) and 15-Stop Dynamic Range at low sensitivities
- World Class Auto Focus (AF) system featuring 693 phase-detection AF points covering 93% of image area, 425 contrast AF points and fast and reliable Eye AF
- Continuous Shooting at up to 10 fps with either Mechanical Shutter or Silent Shooting and full Auto Focus/Auto Exposure tracking
- 5-axis optical in-body image stabilisation with a 5.0 step shutter speed advantage
- High Resolution 4K Movie Shooting with full pixel readout and no pixel binning across full-width of full-frame sensor
- The longest rated battery life of any Mirrorless camera at 710 shots per charge
- Upgraded operability and functionality including addition of joystick for adjusting focus points, Dual SD Card Slots, SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.1 Gen 1) USB Type-C Terminal and more.
Sony E series 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens Kit:
The Sony 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 zoom lens is high-performance compact, lightweight, and specifically designed to bring out the best in the a7-series full-frame E-mount cameras. Zoom range extends from 28mm-70mm, and an advanced design minimises overall lens length.
- Outstanding performance in an affordable full-frame zoom that is lightweight and compact.
- Three aspherical elements and one ED glass element contribute to beautiful rendering with minimum aberration.
- Built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilisation ensures clearer, sharper handheld shots.
- Dust and moisture resistant design maximises reliability in adverse conditions.
SONY A7 III FULL-FRAME MIRRORLESS DIGITAL CAMERA + 28-70MM KIT FEATURES IN DETAIL
Spectacular Full-frame Image Quality
The newly developed 24.2MP back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS image sensor is paired with a front-end LSI that effectively doubles the readout speed of the image sensor, as well as an updated BIONZ X processing-engine that boosts processing speed by approximately 1.8 times compared to the a7II. These powerful components work together to allow the camera to shoot at faster speeds while also enabling its impressive ISO range of 100 - 51200 (expandable to ISO 50 - 204800 for still images) and an overall 1.5-stop improvement in image quality. The camera also features a massive 15-stop dynamic range at low sensitivity settings, ensuring outstanding overall performance at all settings and in all shooting conditions, with significant advancements in accurate colour reproductions of skin tones and the vibrant colours of nature.
This new full-frame model can also output 14 bit RAW format even in silent and continuous shooting modes, and is equipped with a 5-axis optical image stabilisation system that results in a 5.0 step shutter speed advantage.
Significant Advances in AF Speed and Performance
The innovative new a7 III full-frame mirrorless camera features a level of AF performance that has been largely improved over the a7II, including the addition of 4D FOCUS capabilities. The new camera has 425 contrast AF points that work with a 693-point focal-plane phase-detection AF system inherited from the acclaimed a9 model. This innovative AF system covers approximately 93% of the frame, ensuring reliable focusing and tracking for even the most difficult to capture subjects.
AF response and tracking has also been greatly improved in the new camera, with almost 2x the focusing speed in low-light condition and 2x the tracking speed compared to the previous model as a result of the faster image sensor readout. This allows complex and unpredictable motion to be captured with far greater precision and accuracy.
The acclaimed Eye AF feature is also available in the new camera, even in AF-C mode, which is extremely useful for situations where the subject is turning around, looking down or otherwise obstructed. It also works when the a7 III is being used with Sony's A-mount lenses with an optional LA-EA3 adaptor. Additional improvements in focusing flexibility include the addition of a multi-selector or ‘joystick' for moving focusing points quickly, the addition of touch focusing capability, AF availability in Focus Magnifier mode, an ‘AF On' button and much more.
Speed to Capture Every Decisive Moment
The new a7 III is equipped with an updated image processing system that allows it to shoot full resolution images at up to 10 fps with continuous, accurate AF/AE tracking for up to 177 Standard JPEG images, 89 compressed RAW images or 40 uncompressed RAW images. This high speed mode is available with either a mechanical shutter or a completely silent shooting, adding to the immense flexibility of the camera. The camera can also shoot continuously at up to 8 fps in live view mode with minimal lag in the viewfinder or LCD screen.
For added convenience, while large groups of burst images are being written to the memory card, many of the cameras key functions are operable, including access to the ‘Fn' (Function) and ‘Menu' buttons, image playback and several other menus and parameters including image rating and other functions that facilitate on-location image sorting.
Additionally, if there is fluorescent or artificial lighting present in a shooting environment, users can activate the Anti-flicker function to allow the a7 III to automatically detect frequency of the lighting and time the shutter to minimise its effect on images being captured. This minimises any exposure or colour anomalies that can sometimes occur at the top and bottom of images shot at high shutter speeds.
High Quality 4K Video
The new a7 III is an outstanding video camera as well, offering 4K (3840x2160 pixels) video recording across the full width of the full-frame image sensor. In video mode, the camera uses full pixel readout without pixel binning to collect about 2.4x the amount of data required for 4K movies, and then over-samples it to produce high quality 4K footage with exceptional detail and depth.
An HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) picture profile is available on the a7 III as well, which supports an Instant HDR workflow, allowing HDR (HLG) compatible TV's to playback beautiful, true-to-life 4K HDR imagery. Further, both S-Log2 and S-Log3 are available for increased colour grading flexibility, as well as Zebra functionality, Gamma Display assist and proxy recording. The camera can also record Full HD at 120 fps at up to 100 Mbps, allowing footage to be reviewed and eventually edited into 4x or 5x slow motion video files in Full HD resolution with AF tracking.
Upgraded Build, Design and Customisation
Sony's newest full-frame camera is equipped with a variety of enhanced capabilities that were first implemented in the a9 and then again in the a7R III. These include dual media slots, with support in one slot for UHS- type SD memory cards. Users have a variety of options for storing their content in each of the cards, including separate JPEG / RAW recording, separate still image / movie recording, relay recording and more. Battery life has been greatly extended as well - with a CIPA measurement of up to 710 shots per charge, it offers the world's longest battery life of any Mirrorless camera, as the new camera utilises Sony's Z series battery NP-FZ100 that offers approximately 2.2 times the capacity of the W series battery NP-FW50 utilised in the a7II .
The new camera features “My Menu" functionality which allows up to 30 menu items to be registered for instant recall when needed. Users can also apply star ratings to their still images through the camera controls for easier image playback and review, and edit the first three characters of all still image files. Additionally, there is a total of 81 functions that are assignable to 11 custom buttons, and the camera is both dust and moisture resistant.
The a7 III features high-resolution, high-contrast, fast-start XGA OLED Tru-Finder™ with approximately 2.3 million dots for extremely accurate, true-to-life detail reproduction. “Standard" or “High" display quality settings are also available for both the viewfinder and monitor as well. It also is capable of seamlessly transferring files to a smartphone, tablet, computer or FTP server via Wi-Fi, while also offering a SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.1 Gen 1) USB Type-C Terminal for increased flexibility in power supply and faster image transfer speed during tethered shooting.
The a7 III model also comes with Sony's new software suite “Imaging Edge", which extends the creative capabilities of the entire shooting process – from pre-processing to post-processing. “Imaging Edge" provides three PC applications called ‘Remote', ‘Viewer' and ‘Edit', available for free download, which support live-view PC remote shooting and RAW development. In the latest Version 1.1, several improvements have been implemented including about 10% faster data transfer speed for remote shooting from PC (PC tether shooting) and approximately 65% improvement in the response speed for RAW image editing.
Sony a7 III Full-Frame Mirrorless Digital Camera + 28-70mm Lens Kit Specifications
35mm full frame (35.6×23.8mm), Exmor R CMOS sensor
Approx. 24.2 megapixels
Expandable to ISO 50-204,800
Fast Hybrid AF with 693 phase-detection and 425 contrast-detection AF point
Up to 10 fps with full AF and metering
Tilting 7.5cm (3.0-type) type TFT touchscreen with 921,600 dots
1.3 cm (0.5 type) electronic viewfinder, XGA OLED with 2,359,296 dots
WiFi and NFC
Sony E-mount lenses
Dual Card slots (Slot D UHS-II/ compliant, slot SD UHS-II)
Approx. 126.9mm x 95.6mm x 73.7mm
Approx. 650g. with battery and card
|Offer Category: Digital Cameras|
|Offer Product Type: Mirrorless Cameras|
|Model: Sony a7|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 710|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 10.0|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: Yes|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 24|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: Yes|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: 1.00|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: Yes|
|Height (mm): 96|
|Length (mm): 74|
|Width (mm): 127|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 650|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: Auto, 100 - 51200|
|JPEG quality levels: Extra fine, fine, standard|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 51200|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): 204800|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: Yes|
|Microphone port: Yes|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: 100|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): 50|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 693|
|Number of white balance presets: 11|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Processor: BIONZ X|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: 921600|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 25.00|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: Yes|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: 2359296|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: Yes|
The long-awaited Sony a7 III brings many new developments to the range, improving image quality and usability. The incredible autofocus incorporating 693 points and improved low-light range to ISO 240,800 means you can snap that perfect image at any time with the least effort. The much larger battery doubles the potential number of photos from the a7 II allowing you to keep going for longer and not have to carry as many spare batteries.
The Sony a7 III is an outstanding all-rounder for photo and video, combining excellent resolution, low-light capability and performance.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.