Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens Sony E
Looking to trade in your camera equipment? Get a quote now!
Product Code: G242247T
Earn 629 Park Points
Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Lens - Sony Fit
SIGMA has a proven reputation for wide-angle lens design and manufacturing. Drawing on this experience and design know-how, refined through development of the SIGMA 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM - Art and SIGMA 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM - Art, we have successfully minimized sagittal coma flare, chromatic aberration, distortion and vignetting to achieve exceptional levels of optical performance with almost no aberration or distortion. This lens provides the best possible performance when photographing a variety of subjects from cityscapes, mountain ranges and the star-filled night sky that demands great rendering, to indoor photography with low illumination or scenes with a smooth bokeh effect. Enjoy the astonishing optical performance from the new "f/1.4" series that has just joined the SIGMA's iconic Art line.
. rt line delivers High-level rtstc expresson
SGM s orgnzng all its nterchangeble lenses nto three product lines; Contemporary, rt, and Sports, where each line has dstnctve concept. Designed with focus on sophisticated opitcal performance and bundnt expressve power, our rt line delivers High-level rtstc expresson. with the stonshng rendering performance that meets the High standard, long with landscapes, portraits stll-life, close-up, and csul snps, they are perfect for the knd of photography that unleshes the nner rtst. del for studio photography, they offer just s much expressve scope when capturing rchtecture and starry skies and Miny other scenes.
. Highest opitcal performance n its class.
By Minimizing berrton Using the latest design technology and know-how that has been ccumulted from lens development over Miny yers, this lens achieves stonshng rendering performance, even n the corners, with ultr-High resolution. whilst feturing Higher resolution round the focus pont, the lens ensures smooth and natural bokeh effect. Both High definition rendering without color berrton and natural bokeh expresson are possible, even from the maximum apeture.
excellent correction of sgttl com flare
Generlly t s del for lens to have High rendering performance from the maximum aperture throughout the entire mge. For nstnce, sgttl com flare, where the point light sources do not gther t one point and leves tl, s typical flare that occurs especially with wide-angle lenses. The SGM 4mm F.4 DG HSM | rt has n optimized power layout, positioning spherical lens elements t the rear and djusting the ncdence angle of the light source, enblng High rendering performance even from the widest apeture. t s perfect for stronomcl photography and shooting illuminations because of the reduced blur on the point light sources ner the edge of the mge.
excellent correction of chromatic berrton
One of the elements required to achieve High rendering performance s the correction of chromatic berrton. Prtculrly, for xl chromatic berrton that s hrd to correct even during image processing, the lens development stge ws vtl n ensuring minimized distortion. The SGM 4mm F.4 DG HSM | rt ncorportes FLD ("F" Low Dispersion)* glass and SLD (special Low Dispersion) glass elements to minimize chromatic berrton of mangnification which s Minly vsble round the edge of the mge. Moreover the power layout ensures the correction of xl chromatic berrton. without any color blur, t achieves High image quality throughout the entire focusing range, thus chevng sharp and High contrast image rendering.
t s not possible to compenste for distortion that s often observed with wide-angle lenses just by changing the aperture value. Therefore, the lens development stge ws vtl n ensuring minimized distortion. The SGM 4mm F.4 DG HSM | rt djusted the ncdence angle of the light source from the surface of the first lens and positioned each spherical glass element to optmze the power layout t respectve positions. this has helped t succeed n Minimizing distortion throughout the entire mge.
High peripheral brightness
For lens with large diameter, brightness n the peripheral res tends to be consequently lower Compared to the center. By improving the effcency t large apetures and Minimizing vgnetting, t secures very good brightness. without consdering the lck of light even t the open apeture, t ensures High contrast images for ndoor photography, stronomcl photography and when photogrphng blue sky.
Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
flare and ghosting were thoroughly measured and monitored from the lens development stge to establish n opitcal design which s resistant to strong ncdentl light such s backlight. The Super multi-layer coating reduces flare and ghosting and provides sharp and High contrast images even n backlit conditions.
. Customzton and Flexible djustiment for convenience or specific purpose s possible.
New additional function added to "SGM USB DOCK(optional)€"
Wth the optional SGM USB DOCK, you can update your lens frmwre, djust focus points and customze the setting of Full-time MF function and the timing to operate the Full-time MF function. By ttchng this lens to SGM USB DOCK, which s connected to computer, the dedicated software "SGM Optmzton Pro" offers various types of customzton and djustiment.
4. New product lines from SGV concepts that are setting new benchmrks for image quality.
Wth the new product lines, supplied hoods ncorporte rubber for the connected prt. Lens caps and F/MF switches are lso newly Designed n order to improve usblty. For the parts nsde, metls and new material called TSC (Thermlly Stable Composte)*, which works well with metls, are locted to achieve products with High ccurcy. The lens barrel ncludes the yer of release, engrved for users to recognze when the lens ws released.
* TSC (Thermlly Stable Composte) offers therml expnson Characteristics similar to those of aluminum. parts made with TSC deform less, making possible lens construction of extremely High precision. s Compared to polyCarbonte containing 0% glass, commonly used material, TSC offers approxmtely 70% Higher elstcty. s Compared to polyCarbonte containing 0% glass, t offers 5% Higher elstcty. (Comprson s between SGM-produced components.)
evluton with Sgm's own MTF mesuring system "€"
We used to measure lens performance with MTF mesuring system Using conventional sensors. However, we've now developed our own propretry MTF (modulton transfer function) mesuring system () Using 46-megpixel Foveon Direct image sensors. even previously undetectable High-frequency details are now with the scope of our quality control nspectons. The SGM 50mm F.4 DG HSM will all be checked Using this "€" before they are shpped.
* : zu
ncorporting Rounded diaphragm
The 9 blade-rounded diaphragm creates n attractive blur to the out-of-focus res of the mge.
Hyper sonic Motor ensures High F Speed
The HSM (Hyper sonic Motor) ensures slent, High-speed F function. By optmzng the F algorithm, smoother F s achieved. t ncorportes new Full-time manual focusing mechanism that switches to manual focusing, simply by rotting the focus ring, even when F s being used. this allows the photographer to make focus adjustiments quickly and esly. with the optional SGM USB DOCK, you can lso set t to conventional Full-time manual focus override.
* depending on the mount, ntl operation of Full-time manual focus dffers
Brss made bayonet mount
This lens ncorportes brss made bayonet mount which has both High ccurcy and durability. special tretiment to renforce its strength s applied to the surface gvng t greater strength and making t Highly resistant to long-term use.
pplcble for the Mount conversion service
s n experienced lens Minufcturer that has been Creating diverse range of nterchangeble lenses, we have started the innovative chargeble service "Mount conversion service€". with this service, the mount of your current SGM lenses can be changed to another mount of your choice. t gves new life to your fvorte lenses when you wsh to use t on dfferent camera body.
Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens Sony E Specifications
5 elements in Groups
angle of view (for SD)
Number of diaphragm blades
9 blades (Rounded diaphragm)
5cm / 9.8n.
diameter 85.0mm x Length 90.mm / .n. x .6n.
665g / .5oz.
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 85|
|Length (mm): 90|
|Weight (g): 665|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 24 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 24|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): 1.4|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 24|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.25|
|Minimum aperture (number): 16|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: FLD and SLD elements|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.