Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens Sony E
The APS-C format Sigma 16mm Contemporary lens for Sony E combines high end performance optics with fast autofocus and a bright aperture suitable for wide angle shooting at a 24mm width equivalent.
- Bright f/1.4 aperture on a wide-angle lens
- Designed for use with Sony E-mount APS-C / micro four thirds camera s
- Outstanding optical design that rivals Sigmaâ's ART line-up
- Smooth focusing in video from the stepping motor
- Dust & splash-proof design to meet daily shooting needs
Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Mirrorless Camera Lens for Sony E-mount Summary
The Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN is a bright, high performance, large-diameter wide angle lens dedicated to Sony E-mount APS-C mirrorless cameras, offering image quality that rivals Sigma's ART lens line-up.
This is the second mirrorless camera lens that Sigma have built, following on from the 30mm f/1.4 and offers Sony E-mount mirrorless camera users a 24mm equivalent focal length (in 35mm terms) with an exceptional f/1.4 brightness.
Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Mirrorless Camera Lens for Sony E-mount Features in Detail
Second Dedicated Mirrorless Lens
Sigma have a long history of producing outstanding quality prime lenses in various focal lengths. They've now turned their attention to mirrorless cameras and have introduced this 16mm f/1.4 to follow on from 2016's 30mm f/1.4 as the second in the range of compact and lightweight lenses for daily shooting with mirrorless cameras.
Latest Sigma Design Standards
Sigma have brought their expertise from full-frame lenses to mirrorless cameras, utilising their latest design technologies to incorporate updated video capabilities and utilising in-camera digital correction to further improve the lens' optical quality. This lens offers f/1.4 brightness while minimising optical aberrations. The next lens in the range, a telephoto, will make this a complete mirrorless solution.
Outstanding Image Quality
This lens offers image quality that rivals Sigma's ART line-up of lenses, with 16 elements in 13 groups, three FLD glass elements, two SLD glass elements, and two moulded glass aspherical elements. The optical design minimises optical aberrations to offer outstanding resolution at wide-open aperture and through the range.
Two aspherical lens elements have ultra-high-precision surfaces polices to tolerances of less than 10 nanometres which minimises the onion ring bokeh effect that some aspherical lens elements produce. This ensures clear image quality right across the frame. The optical design also gently bends light to minimise sagittal coma flare.
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Sony Lenses E Mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 72|
|Length (mm): 92|
|Weight (g): 405|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: Yes|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 16 mm|
|Focus method: Internal|
|Filter Thread: 67 mm|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: Sony E|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 16|
|Maximum magnification: 0.1|
|Maximum aperture (number): 1.4|
|Maximum aperture (text): f/1.4|
|Max Format size: APS-C|
|Minimum focal length: 16|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.25|
|Minimum aperture (number): 16|
|Minimum aperture (text): f/16|
|Motor type: Stepper|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: Three FLD, two SLD, two aspherical|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: Prime lens|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
For Sony E-mount APS-C camera s, the Sigma 16mm f/1.4 offers the long desired 24mm equivalent focal length (in 35mm terms) that opens up new wide-angle shooting opportunities.
With Sigma's long history of building lenses of outstanding optical quality, and with a design that rivals their own ART line-up, this lens offers superb optical quality in a compact and lightweight package that's been tailored to meet the needs of APS-C sensor sized mirrorless camera s.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.