- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens Sony E
The APS-C format Sigma 16mm Contemporary lens for Sony E combines high end performance optics with fast autofocus and a bright aperture suitable for wide angle shooting at a 24mm width equivalent.
Earn 359 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- Bright f/1.4 aperture on a wide-angle lens
- Designed for use with Sony E-mount APS-C / micro four thirds camera s
- Outstanding optical design that rivals Sigmaâ's ART line-up
- Smooth focusing in video from the stepping motor
- Dust & splash-proof design to meet daily shooting needs
Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Mirrorless Camera Lens for Sony E-mount Summary
The Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN is a bright, high performance, large-diameter wide angle lens dedicated to Sony E-mount APS-C mirrorless cameras, offering image quality that rivals Sigma's ART lens line-up.
This is the second mirrorless camera lens that Sigma have built, following on from the 30mm f/1.4 and offers Sony E-mount mirrorless camera users a 24mm equivalent focal length (in 35mm terms) with an exceptional f/1.4 brightness.
Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Mirrorless Camera Lens for Sony E-mount Features in Detail
Second Dedicated Mirrorless Lens
Sigma have a long history of producing outstanding quality prime lenses in various focal lengths. They've now turned their attention to mirrorless cameras and have introduced this 16mm f/1.4 to follow on from 2016's 30mm f/1.4 as the second in the range of compact and lightweight lenses for daily shooting with mirrorless cameras.
Latest Sigma Design Standards
Sigma have brought their expertise from full-frame lenses to mirrorless cameras, utilising their latest design technologies to incorporate updated video capabilities and utilising in-camera digital correction to further improve the lens' optical quality. This lens offers f/1.4 brightness while minimising optical aberrations. The next lens in the range, a telephoto, will make this a complete mirrorless solution.
Outstanding Image Quality
This lens offers image quality that rivals Sigma's ART line-up of lenses, with 16 elements in 13 groups, three FLD glass elements, two SLD glass elements, and two moulded glass aspherical elements. The optical design minimises optical aberrations to offer outstanding resolution at wide-open aperture and through the range.
Two aspherical lens elements have ultra-high-precision surfaces polices to tolerances of less than 10 nanometres which minimises the onion ring bokeh effect that some aspherical lens elements produce. This ensures clear image quality right across the frame. The optical design also gently bends light to minimise sagittal coma flare.
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Sony Lenses E Mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 72|
|Length (mm): 92|
|Weight (g): 405|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 16 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 16|
|Maximum magnification: 0.1|
|Maximum aperture (number): 1.4|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 16|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.25|
|Minimum aperture (number): 16|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: Three FLD, two SLD, two aspherical|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Omni Captial Ltd.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
For Sony E-mount APS-C camera s, the Sigma 16mm f/1.4 offers the long desired 24mm equivalent focal length (in 35mm terms) that opens up new wide-angle shooting opportunities.
With Sigma's long history of building lenses of outstanding optical quality, and with a design that rivals their own ART line-up, this lens offers superb optical quality in a compact and lightweight package that's been tailored to meet the needs of APS-C sensor sized mirrorless camera s.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.