Pentax KP Digital SLR Camera Body Black
The black Pentax KP DSLR is a high-resolution, high-performance APS-C sized camera with a 24.32MP sensor, full HD video, high ISO sensitivity up to ISO 819,200 & 5-axis in camera image stabilisation.
- Super High Sensitivity Sensor â ISO 819,200
- High Resolution 24.32 Megapixel APS-C CMOS Sensor with Pixel Shift Resolution System
- 5-Axis In-Body Image Stabilisation System
- Full HD Video & 4K Interval Movie mode for a series of 4K images in a movie file
Pentax KP Digital SLR Camera Body - Black Summary
The Pentax KP is a high-end, high performance digital SLR camera with a 24.32 megapixel APS-C new generation CMOS sensor, powered by a high-performance imaging engine to deliver extremely high resolution, rch-gradation images.
Featuring an advanced 5-axis shake-reduction system that provides five shutter steps of exposure compensation, a dust proof, weather-resistant and cold-proof down to -10 degrees Celsius structure, and exceptional low light performance with for super-sensitive night photography with an ISO range up to 819,200, the Pentax KP is a flexible digital SLR camera for the discerning photographer.
- ISO up to 819,200 for super-high-sensitivity night-scene photography
- 24.32 megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- New-generation CMOS sensor
- High-performance Prime IV imaging engine
- Pixel Shift Resolution System
- 5-axis shake-reduction system
- Anti Aliasing filter simulator
- High speed 27 point autofocus system
- Super high speed shooting up to 1/24,000th second with electronic shutter
- Dust-proof, weather-resistant, cold-proof down to -10 degrees Celsius
- Customisable body with interchangeable grip replacements
- Flexible layout control panel
- Tiltable 3.0 inch 921,000-dot TFT LCD monitor with Night Vision display
- Built-in TTL flash
- Full HD 1080p 60fps video recording
- 4K Interval Movie Mode for recording a burst of 4K photos in a movie
- Star Stream mode to record the traces of stars in the Interval Movie mode
- Optical viewfinder with nearly 100% field of view
- 0.95x viewfinder Magnification
- 7fps Continuous Shooting
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Compatible with optional GPS unit
- Weighs 703g including battery and memory card
Pentax KP Digital SLR Camera Body - Black Features in Detail
Super-High Sensitivity & High Resolution Images
Sporting a new-generation APS-C sized CMOS imaging sensor with approximately 24.32 megapixels, the Pentax KP produces high-resolution images processed by a high-performance Prime IV imaging engine and state of the art accelerator unit. The sensor is coupled with an AA-filter-free optical design to deliver well-defined images with true-to-life reproduction of gradation and texture. This combination of power and performance results in a super-high sensitivity of ISO 819,200, allowing photographers to handhold snapshot photography of night scenes.
Compact & Portable, Weather-Resistant Snapshot Body
The Pentax KP body has been completely redesigned from the ground up to form a compact and slim DSLR body that packs greater performance than previous models. Paired with a Pentax DA Series lens, the KP is comfortable and effortless to carry, making it suitable for a wide range of applications.
The Pentax KP is perfect for anything from casual snapshots to serious outdoor photography and mountain climbing or trekking. With front, back and bottom panels made from durable, lightweight magnesium alloy and 67 sealing parts applied across the body, the result is a dust-proof, weather-resistant structure that will perform in temperatures as low as -10 degrees Celsius.
Customisable Features & Exchangeable Grip
A standout design feature of the Pentax KP is the exchangeable grip system which allows users to easily and quickly change the front grip to accommodate an individual photographers' particular shooting style or hand size. From the standard small Grip S, there are medium (Grip M) and large (Grip L) options to exchange to.
Additionally, the camera features Smart Function for speedy selection and easy setting of desired camera functions using the Fx (Function) and setting dial, and the control panel layout can be customised to suit users preferences.
5-axis SR-II In-Body Shake Reduction System
The SR-II image stabilisation system in the Pentax KP effectively minimises camera shake to deliver sharp, blur-free images even when shooting in situations that are prone to camera shake, such as with a telephoto lens, low light photography, or shooting a sunset.
Not only does the SR-II shake reduction system compensate for shake caused by pitch and yaw, the 5-axis mechanism also adjusts for horizontal and vertical shift (such as caused by macro photography) and shake caused by roll. This system assures a compensation effect of approximately 5 shutter stops, expanding the limits and possibilities of handheld photography, particularly in low light when combined with the high ISO. The SR-II also works when taking a panning shot.
Pixel Shift Resolution System
The Pentax KP uses Pixel Shift Resolution System, which is the latest super-resolution imaging technology. Pixel Shift Resolution System works by shifting the senor by a single pixel during a 4 image capture, which are then synthesised into a single super-resolution composite image.
This innovative system obtains all colour data in each pixel to deliver super-high resolution images with far more truthful colours and finder details than those captured by conventional APS-C sized image sensors using the conventional Bayer system.
Pentax Original Anti-Aliasing Simulator
The Pentax KP's AA (anti aliasing) filter simulator applies microscopic vibrations to the image sensor at the sub-pixel level to provide the same level of moire reduction as an optical AA filter. However, unlike an optical AA filter, this innovative simulator lets the user switch the AA filter effect on and off and adjust the level of the effect to set the ideal effect for a particular scene.
High-Speed 1/24000 Sec Electronic Shutter Unit
As well as a highly reliable mechanical shutter mechanism with a top speed of 1/6000 sec, the electronically controlled shutter unit in the Pentax KP provides a super high speed shutter of 1/24000 sec. And with reduced noise and vibration at shutter release it's ideal for low-noise, low-vibration shooting in Live View and mirror-up applications. There's also a high-speed continuous shooting function with a top speed of 7fps.
High-Speed 27-Point Autofocus System
The Pentax KP features the high-speed SAFOX 11 phase-matching autofocus sensor module and delivers dependable, responsive autofocus operations. With 27 focus sensor, of which 25 are cross type, the Pentax KP used a completely new, much-improved algorithm that assures better autofocusing accuracy and speed than models equipped with the conventional SAFOX 11 module. With a customisation feature to assist in autofocus operation, the KP also allows for the choice of operation modes such as focus-priority, release-priority and advance-speed-priority, and the Selected-Area Expansion function to automatically refocus on a subject when it moves away from the initial point.
Full 1080p HD Movie Recording
The Pentax KP records flawless, high-resolution Full HD movies at 1920 x 1080 pixels and 60i/30p frame rate in the H.264 recording format. With an external microphone terminal for manual setting of the audio recording level and motioroing of the sound pressure level for microphone input. Additionally there are various visual effect modes available and the Pentax KP features a range of movie recording functions such as 4K Interval Movie mode that connects a series of 4K-resolution still images (3840 x 2160 pixels) at a fixed interval to create a single movie file, and the Star Stream mode to record the traces of stars in the Interval Movie mode.
Pentax Real-Time Scene Analysis System
The Pentax Real-Time Scene Analysis System is supported by a combination of the approximately 86,000-pixel RGB light-metering sensor and the high-performance Prime IV imaging engine and accurately and efficiently analyses various factors such as brightness distribution in the image field and the subject's primary colour and motion, and by adopting a breakthrough artificial intelligence technology called Deep Learning to its image detection algorithm, this system assesses each scene more accurately while selecting the most appropriate exposure level and finishing touch for a given scene.
Other Pentax KP Features
The Pentax KP also features a switching lever to activate various settings during still-image and Live View shooting and moving recording, as well as new Motion Bracketing and Depth-of-Field Bracketing functions to capture three image of the same scene by automatically shifting aperture and/or shutter speed settings in user-selected steps.
Additionally, the KP features Wireless LAN connection to support operation with smartphones and tablets, and Dust Removal II mechanism to shake dust off the mage sensor surface using ultrasonic vibrations.
|Offer Category: Digital Cameras|
|Offer Product Type: Digital SLR Cameras|
|Model: Pentax KP|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: Yes|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 390|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 7.0|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 24|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: Yes|
|Flash range (metres): 6.00 m (ISO 100)|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: 1.50|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): 101|
|Length (mm): 76|
|Width (mm): 132|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 703|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: Auto, 100 - 819200|
|JPEG quality levels: Best, better, good|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 819200|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: Yes|
|Microphone port: Yes|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: 100|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 27|
|Number of white balance presets: 9|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Processor: PRIME IV|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: 921000|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 25.00|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: Yes|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: Yes|
The Pentax KP has a comprehensive range of innovative features that make it a great all-round DSLR camera , with specialisms in night time or astro photography.
The 24.32 megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor is a new-generation version and is powered by the high performance Prime IV image processing engine; when combined with features such as the 5-axis Shake Reduction system, the Pixel Shift Resolution system and the high-speed 27 point autofocus system, this results in exceptionally high quality images from a very capable digital SLR.
With such a high ISO sensitivity (819,200), and the benefit of Star Stream star tracking, the Pentax KP would make an excellent astrophotography or night photography camera .
Other stand out features include the Full HD video, tiltable 3.0 inch LCD monitor, weather resistant sealing, and the 4K Interval Movie mode which will record a series of 4K images into a single movie file.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.