Olympus PEN-F Digital Camera - Black Compact System Camera
This product has been discontinued.
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- Its Creative Dial feature
- The super fast release time lag
- Its excellent image stabilisation system
Olympus PEN-F Body Only - Black Compact System Camera SUMMARY
Olympus PEN-F - silver version also available
|Olympus Pen-F Hands on Review Video|
|Product features in detail|
The PEN-F boasts a new 20.3 megapixel live MOS sensor without a low pass filter that provides 25% better resolution. High resolution shot capability increases the resolution to 50 megapixels. In addition, it includes a Supersonic Wave Filter that automatically cleans the sensor by shaking off any dust that settles on the lens during lens changes.
The Olympus PEN-F's features a 1/8000 second shutter and ISO 80 equivalent for shooting in bright conditions and produces low noise with enhanced dynamic range. ISO sensitivity ranges from 80-25,600. The category-leading 5-axis image stabilisation system is worth 5 EV stops when shooting at low ISO.
Olympus have taken great care to ensure the PEN-F leads the way in terms of beautiful craftsmanship and is sure to be a collector's item of the future. The best of contemporary and retro styles have been combined, using high-quality luxurious materials to create a timeless and stylish design. It includes a leather-like camera surround, engraved brand name, and hatched dial surfaces. As a nod to its iconic PEN predecessor, it features the classic ‘step-up' contour silhouette and no screw heads are visible whatsoever. Not only is it lighter, more compact, and more portable than much larger DSLRs, but it is much better looking too.
The built-in 2.36 million-dot OLED electronic viewfinder for rangefinder-style shooting provides a real-time preview of settings adjustments, with preview, focusing assistance with focus peaking and 0.62x magnification.
The new beautiful, metal Creative Dial on the PEN-F provides direct access to an expanded range of advanced onboard filter options, including Art Filters, Colour Creator, and two new options - namely Monochrome Profile Control, and Colour Profile Control.
The PEN-F boasts swift autofocus and processing speeds, and has the shortest release time lag in its category - faster even than those found on DSLR cameras.
Autofocus is very quick on the PEN-F. Eye Detect autofocus is available, as well as touch-panel access to point focusing, which increases focusing speed.
|What else is included in the box?|
CSS-S120L genuine leather neck strap
The Olympus PEN-F is a beautifully designed mirrorless camera that produces equally impressive images. The Creative Dial feature makes adding filters quick and simple, and its category-leading release time lag and 5-axis image stabilisation system means that even more expensive digital SLR cameras should be feeling threatened, as the PEN-F punches well above its weight. You can view our in-depth review of the Creative Dial on our blog here
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.