Leica Elmarit S 30mm f/2.8 ASPH Lens Black Anodised
The Elmarit-S 30 mm f/2.8 ASPH. is equivalent, in 35 mm format, to a 24 mm super-wide-angle lens with a correspondingly expansive field of view. This, and its very fast initial aperture, makes it an ideal lens for exploring the enormous creative potentials of unusual perspectives and selective planes of focus.
When constructing super-wide lenses, immense effort must be invested to keep aberrations such as distortion or vignetting as low as possible. Five of the thirteen lenses arranged in nine groups have anomalous partial dispersion, and three of these are fluoride lenses with particularly low dispersion (colour scattering) characteristics for the correction of chromatic aberration. Two lenses are also elaborately manufactured with aspherical surfaces.
Rear-group focusing ensures consistently outstanding image performance throughout the entire focusing range and no change in the length of the lens when focusing. On top of this, its special construction provides effective protection against water droplets and dust.
Just like all other S-Lenses, the Elmarit-S 30 mm f/2.8 ASPH. is designed and constructed for maximum contrast rendition at maximum aperture, an attribute that can only be increased very slightly, and only in the extreme corners of images, by stopping down. For a lens with such a wide angle of view, its very low vignetting of only 1.5 stops and distortion of only 2.8 % (both at infinity) is negligible in practical use. Thanks to its superior imaging qualities, the creative potential offered by this super-wide-angle lens can be exploited to the full without compromise.
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Leica Lenses S mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.