GMC Foundation Course Portrait Photography
Product Code: 6878101P
Foundation Course: Portrait Photography
Portrait photography aims to capture the expression, personality and mood of a person or group of people. Like other types of portraiture, the focus of the photograph is usually the person's face, although the entire body and the background or context may also be included. Photographers Sarah Plater and Hannah MacGregor join forces to present an authoritative self-contained course book on successfully shooting arresting portraits. Clear, concise and jargon-free text guides the novice photographer through the various styles of portraiture to capture subjects from babies, toddlers and children to teenagers and adults, and couples to families. The book begins with information on how to set up a small portrait studio in the home, including the use of appropriate backgrounds, flash equipment and other accessories, in addition to assembling a portable kit of equipment for shooting in the field. As a guide to the technical aspects of photography, the authors cover the essentials of correct exposure, white balance settings, and shooting in natural light, along with hints and tips on pre-shoot preparations such as make-up, hair and clothing for the subject of the portrait. Post-production techniques such as skin retouching and colour correction are explained, as are printing options for portraits. The main content of the book is structured as a tutorial that explains the basic skills and techniques of photography in relation to the specific subject area it covers. This allows the reader to progress at his or her own pace. An informative lesson is followed by an easy revision guide, which leads on to a specific practical project. A section on analysis encourages the reader to critique his or her own work by pointing out the likely pitfalls. Progress can then be monitored and lessons built upon.
|Offer Category: Accessories|
|Offer Product Type: Books|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.