Fujifilm X-Pro2 Mirrorless Camera Body Black
This product has been discontinued.
The Fujifilm X-Pro2 mirrorless camera body in black features the X-Trans 24.3 MP CMOS III APS-C sensor with improved noise reduction, updated image engine and an advanced hybrid multi viewfinder.
Looking to trade in your camera equipment? Get a quote now!
- Its improved noise reduction
- The durable build quality
- The new ACROS film simulation technology
Fuji X-Pro2 Compact System Camera SUMMARY
- X-Trans 24.3 MP CMOS III APS-C sensor
- Advanced Hybrid Multi viewfinder
- X Processor Pro engine
- ACROS film simulation
- ISO sensitivity of 200-12,800, extendable to 51,200
- 1/8000 second mechanical shutter
- 7x7 phase detection AF area
- Lossless RAW compression
- Improved noise reduction
- 3? 1.62 million dot LCD monitor
- Full HD 1080p video up to 60p
- Weather resistant design and construction
Product features in detail
The newly designed 24.3 megapixel X-Trans CMOS III APS-C sensor has the highest pixel count yet found on an X-Series camera. Its optical low pass filter has been removed to allow it to produce images that are perceived to be of a higher resolution than the amount of pixels used.
The X-Pro2 is the only interchangeable lens camera available that has a hybrid viewfinder system incorporating both an optical viewfinder with electronic rangefinder and electronic viewfinder, so you can compose images with one of three different viewing modes. It features a built-in eye sensor which lets you automatically switch between the LCD screen and the viewfinder when held up to your face, and uses a single lever to switch between electronic and optical options.
The electronic rangefinder displays a small EVF window in the optical viewfinder, which can be displayed in three different ways, namely 100% field of view, 2.5x, and 6x magnification, so you can monitor in real-time - even when capturing images through the OVF.
The 0.48" 2.36 million dot EVF lets you see exactly what the camera does, which is especially useful when shooting in shutter or aperture priority modes, as you can use the exposure compensation dial to make adjustments in front of your eyes, or when using ND filters.
Image processing engine
The X-Processor Pro engine boasts processing speeds that are around 4x faster than conventional models. Where the previous generation EVFs had a display speed of 54fps, it has increased on the X-Pro2 to 85fps in high performance mode, which significantly reduces image delay when tracking a moving subject. Furthermore, blackout time after releasing the shutter has been reduced by half, and lossless compressed RAW is now supported.
ACROS' film simulation technology
With their history of film expertise, Fuji have ensured accurate colour reproduction through the use of 15 different film simulation modes.The X-Pro2 introduces the ACROS' film simulation mode, which produces deep blacks and smoother gradation. It's now possible to capture ultra high-quality monochrome images, and film-like grain can be applied in various strengths, even after you have taken a shot.
The entire sensitivity range on the X-Pro2 can now be used with confidence, as the improved range now goes up to ISO 12,800, extendable to 51,200.
The X-Pro2 combines excellent autofocus functionality with simple manual focusing features. Where previous models had 49 selectable focus points, on the X-Pro2 this has been expanded to 77, so around 40% of the imaging area is now covered with quick and accurate phase detection autofocus pixels. This translates into improved focussing speeds when photographing moving subjects. There is a new joystick-style focus lever on the rear of the camera which can be moved in 8 directions, so you can move the AF point and can move the enlarged display area in MF mode when using MF assist.
The X-Pro2 is constructed from a robust magnesium alloy, with dials made from milled aluminium. It's dust and water resistant and can work in low temperatures, due to its 61 weatherproof seals. It features a durable focal plane shutter with a top speed of 1/8000 of a second and durability of 150,000 shots, and it's the first mirrorless camera to offer dual SD card slots.
What else is included in the box?
- NP-W126 Li-ion battery
- BC-W126 battery charger
- Shoulder strap
- Body cap
- Strap clip
- Protective cover
- Clip attaching tool
- Owner's manual
With its newly designed features including a new menu system, sensor, image engine, and improved noise reduction, the X-Pro2 makes a significant jump in evolution from its predecessor. Lossless RAW compression is now possible, so combined with the highest pixel count yet found on an X series camera , capturing stunning images is now easier than ever before.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.