Canon EOS 200D DSLR Camera Body in Black
This product has been discontinued.
Product Code: 1011093E
Enter the world of DSLR photographer with the feature packed Canon EOS 200D, offering the freedom to shoot superb 24.2 megapixel stills & cinematic Full 1080p HD video that can easily be shared with this connected camera .
Looking to trade in your camera equipment? Get a quote now!
- Feature-packed first DSLR with superb image quality
- Full HD video with Dual Pixel CMOS AF for movies with a cinematic look and feel
- Fully connected with Bluetooth, NFC and Wi-Fi connections
- Vari-Angle touchscreen allows you to shoot from any angle
- 24.2 megapixel CMOS sensor for superb image quality in the World's lightest DSLR
Canon EOS 200D DSLR Camera Body Only in Black Summary
Visual storytelling is made easy with the Canon EOS 200D a feature-packed digital SLR camera that combines familiar touchscreen controls with superb image quality & offers you access to Canon's legendary range of interchangeable lenses.
You can use the EOS 200D how you want to; it gives you the freedom to shoot cinematic Full HD movies & simply share videos and images online by easily transferring them to your smart device.
Canon EOS 200D DSLR Camera Body Features in Detail
Image Sensor & Processor
The Canon EOS 200D features a 1.6x crop 24.2 megapixel CMOS sensor with Canon's EOS integrated cleaning system.
Powering the EOS 200D is the latest & powerful DIGIC 7 image processor.
Compatible Lens Types
The Canon 200D can use any Canon EF or EF-S mount lens. Although it can use full-frame EF-mount lenses, the focal lengths will be adjusted to compensate for the 1.6x crop. However, EF-S lenses are built for this camera.
focusing on the Canon 200D
Using the bright optical viewfinder, focusing is done TTL (Through The Lens) using phase-detection system with a dedicated AF sensor. This gives 9 AF points, with the centre point being a cross-type AF point.
Via the 3.0 inch vari-angle LCD touchscreen, focusing is performed by the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system with phase detection pixels built onto the imaging surface.
When using the optical viewfinder, the Canon 200D features a 63 zone dual-layer metering sensor with Evaluative, partial, spot (centre only) and centre-weighted average metering.
Using Live View on the LCD touchscreen, metering is done using 315 zones for evaluative metering, partial metering of approx. 6% of the screen, spot metering of approx 2.6% of the screen and centre weighted average metering.
The Canon EOS 200D uses an electronically controlled focal-plane shutter with a range from 30 seconds to 1/4000th/sec, adjustable in 1/2 and 1/3 stop increments. It also features a Bulb option.
For ease of shooting no matter the angle, the Canon 200D features a 3.0 inch vari-angle ClearView II TFT LCD touchscreen with approx. 1040k sRGB dots, it has approx 100£ coverage and a viewing angle of approximately 170 degrees both horizontally and vertically.
Selectable shooting modes on the Canon EOS 200D are Scene Intelligent Auto (Stills and Movie), No Flash, Creative Auto, SCN(Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, Group Photo, Night Portrait, Handheld Night Scene, HDR Backlight Control, Food, Kids, Candlelight), Creative filters, Program AE, Shutter priority AE, Aperture priority AE, Manual (Stills and Movie), and Self Portrait.
Picture styles are: Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Fine Detail, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User Defined (x3).
The camera records images in sRGB and Adobe RGB colour spaces.
Continuous shooting is possible at up to approx. 5fps, and available drive modes include Single, Continuous L, Continuous H, and a 2 second and 10 second self timer.
Live View Mode
Shooting in live view mode with the Canon 200D offers approx. 100% coverage both horizontally and vertically, with a frame rate of 30fps.
focusing is made easy with the ability to magnify the image up to 5x or 10x at any point on the screen, with Dual Pixel CMOS AF handling autofocussing.
File Types on the Canon 200D
Available still image file types are: JPEG: Fine, Normal (Exif 2.30 [Exif Print] compliant) / Design rule for Camera File system (2.0), and for RAW: 14bit, Canon original RAW 2nd edition.
RAW or RAW + L simultaneous recording is also possible on the Canon 200D.
The images produced by the Canon 200D are:
JPEG 3:2: (L) 6000 x 4000, (M) 3984 x 2656, (S1) 2976 x 1984, (S2) 2400x1600,
For movies, the movie types are: MP4 (Video: H.264 inter frame, Sound: Linear PCM / ac, recording level can be manually adjusted by user), and MOV (Video: H.264 All-I Full HD, no sound) - time-lapse movie only.
And the movie sizes are:
1920 x 1080 (59.94, 50 fps) inter-frame
The maximum duration for recording a movie is 29 minutes and 59 seconds.
Connections available on the Canon EOS 200D are hi-speed USB to a computer, Wi-Fi at 2.4GHZ, Bluetooth Low Energy, and NFC.
Video Output is in PAL/NTSC and possible via HDMI mini output, and there's an external 3.5mm stereo mini jack microphone too.
With one SD card slot, the Canon 200D accepts SD, SDHC, and SDXC (UHS Speed Class 1 compatible).
The battery for the Canon 200D is the rechargeable Li-ion LP-E17.
Battery life using the viewfinder is approx 650 shots at 23 degrees celsius or 620 shots at zero degrees celsius, or using Live View it's approx. 260 shots at 23 degrees celsius or 240 shots at zero degrees celsius.
The Canon 200D chassis is aluminium alloy and polycarbonate resin with glass fiber. The Exterior is polycarbonate resin with glass fiber and special conductive fiber.
The camera measures 122.4 x 92.6 x 69.8mm and weighs approx 453g for the black version, 454g for the silver version, and 456g for the white version.
The Canon EOS 200D is your route into the world of DSLR photography. It packs features seen in professional DSLRs, such as Dual Pixel CMOS AF for video which allows for fast and accurate in-video focusing and gives you that cinematic push/pull focusing effect, with the compact and lightweight size that earns it the title of the world's lightest DSLR.
Using a next-generation 24.2 megapixel CMOS sensor and pairing the EOS 200D with Canon's extensive range of EF and EF-S lenses ensures superb image quality for both photos and video.
With the ability to shoot Full 1080p HD videos and 24 megapixel images and share them in moments from your smart device via the camera 's in-built Bluetooth, NFC, or Wi-Fi connections gives you the freedom to capture and publish images how you want to.
As you learn with Canon's well-reviewed Guide Mode in the EOS 200D, you'll get more creative and grow your skills so you can take advantage of Canon's full range of EOS system camera s, lenses and accessories.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.