Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Autofocus Macro Lens
The Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM macro lens combines the latest in image stabilisation with tried and tested USM focusing technology to ensure close up photography is as sharp & shake-free as possible.
- 9-blade aperture giving some nice bokeh opportunities
- The hybrid IS truly enhances hand-held and low-light performance
- Strong focusing performance - whether the lens or the photographer is doing the work
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Lens
The EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM provides users with a true macro magnification ratio of 1:1. This allows users to capture images of their subjects in real life sizes. This versatile lens provides excellent results for portraits and handheld movies, thanks to its ability to achieve a shallow depth of field with smooth bokeh, along with built-in Hybrid Image Stabilisation and a 625g lightweight design.
- 4 stop hybrid image Stabilisation
- Circular 9-blade circular aperture
- Dust and moisture resistant construction
- Super spectra coating reduces flare and ghosting
- Supplied with lens hood and lens pouch
- 67mm filter diameter
- 3-stops at 0.5x magnification
- 2-stops at 1.0x magnification
- cameras: Canon EOS Digital SLRs
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Canon Lenses EF mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 78|
|Length (mm): 123|
|Weight (g): 625|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: Yes|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: Yes|
|Focal length: 100 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: Yes|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 100|
|Maximum magnification: 1|
|Maximum aperture (number): 2.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 100|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.3|
|Minimum aperture (number): 32|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: UD Lens Element|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
This is the go-to lens for the sharpest, high quality, close-up photography performance. The red ring is an indicator that this isn't just any Canon lens, but a Canon L-Series lens - guaranteeing it is constructed from the highest available quality dust and moisture resistant materials - and more importantly, contains top notch optics.
The Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM contains hybrid image stabilisation which ensures two types of camera shake are compensated for - angular and shift. This is most apt for macro photography, because shake has more profound and visible effects on closer shooting. Clever Canon.
Auto focus is performed in the quietest way possible, utilising Ultrasonic Motors (the USM part) - and manual focus is markedly improved by the accuracy afforded by the rubber focusing ring - lauded for its smooth operation. 1:1 image reproduction from this lens results in life-size image reproduction.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.