Metabones MB_NFG-E-BM1 Nikon G to Sony E-Mount Adaptor
People are turning to Metabones adaptors to combine the full frame sensor in any of the Sony a7 family with lenses from alternative manufacturers.
So, whether you have an existing collection of Nikon G lenses, or wish to build one up, this is the accessory you need.
Photography is a compulsive hobby, and sometimes you want to move from one format to another, but you either don't want to let go of that collection of lenses you have an affinity for, or could do without the bother of shifting a load of glass. Metabones adaptors are not only suitable for that task, but they do it with top quality materials to ensure neither camera nor lens are damaged in use.
Please note: before mounting your lens to this adaptor, please make sure that the f-stop of the aperture ring on the adaptor is turned to "7" (i.e. only mount your lens to the adaptor when the aperture ring in the adaptor is fully closed).
The tripod foot is Detachable and compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins, Photo cam ball head
Since its inception, Metabones has been designing and manufacturing lens adapters recognized among professionals and enthusiasts as leaders in design and workmanship.
Contrary to the popular trend of other factories using an aluminum ring painted black on the camera-body-side, we instead take no short-cut but use precision-machined brass with chromium plating on both the camera-body and the lens sides of our adapters, in order to ensure smooth mounting, great appearance, and durability. The lens side of the adapter features a strong leaf-spring structure, strengthening the adapter-lens connection and ensuring tightness of the lens in order to reduce wear and prevent focus errors and optical alignment issues from appearing.
Metabones uses matte-black treatment to keep internal reflection to a minimum in order to maintain the maximum optical quality possible with the lens.
All Metabones Adapters follow this tradition of uncompromising precision, robust build quality and outstanding finish. Our new Smart AdapterTM series of products add industry-leading electronic interfacing technology from Canada, with true electronic control of the lens' aperture directly from the camera body.
- Both camera-side and lens-side of the adapter are made of brass, precision-machined and plated with chromium.
- Satin surface finish - just like your OEM lens and camera mounts.
- Precise fit and solid connection - lens has no play, gap or wiggling when mounted on adapter and no adjustments are required to fit your lens.
- Designed to reach infinity focus while maintaining the correct registration distance required to maintain optical quality of CRC lenses or lenses with floating elements.
Our Smart AdapterTM series adapters have the following additional features
- True electronic integration of aperture diaphragm - let camera automatically choose aperture in P or S exposure modes, or dial in yourself on the camera body in A or M modes.
- EXIF data such as lens identification, focal length and aperture.