NEX-VG900E interchangeable lens Full HD camcorder
Offering supreme imaging quality and generous creative options, it’s the first Handycam® with a 35mm sensor to fully exploit the artistic potential of interchangeable lenses by Sony and Carl Zeiss.
With a resolution of 24.3 effective megapixels, the Sony-developed Exmor CMOS sensor inside the NEX-VG900E is around 40 times larger than the equivalent in ordinary consumer camcorders. It’s also more than twice the size of the APS-C sized sensor found in other interchangeable lens Handycam® models.
As well as permitting beautiful ‘bokeh’ (defocus) effects with the growing range of lenses, its high sensitivity assures extremely clear, low-noise images. The large sensor size assures effortless reproduction of the finest tonal gradations, helping the most demanding cinematographer fully realise their creative vision.
The sensor also allows the NEX-VG900E to shoot full-frame 24.0 effective megapixel still photos, with all the quality you’d expect from a pro-class DSLR camera. Still images can be shot in RAW format for total post-processing freedom.
- 24.3 effective megapixel Exmor full-frame CMOS sensor
- Compatible with full-frame A-mount lenses via supplied adaptor (also compatible with growing range of E-mount lenses)
- Full HD 50p/25p/24p progressive movie recording
- Extensive manual controls and ‘seesaw’ zoom lever
- Quad Capsule Spatial Array Microphone for high-quality stereo and 5.1ch sound
- High contrast XGA OLED Tru-Finder
- 7.5 cm (3.0”) XtraFine touch panel LCD