Fujifilm XF 56mm f1.2 R APD Short Telephoto Lens
FUJINON XF56mm f/1.2 R APD
This new lens from Fujifilm is designed for their X-series range of cameras, and provides a focal length equivalent of 85mm. This lens offers brilliant levels of sharpness, even when shooting with the aperture at f/1.2 and produces beautiful bokeh, which gives your portraits a 3D feel.
- Lens type: Prime lens
- Focal length: 56 mm
- Fujifilm X Mount
- Max. aperture: f/1.2
- Min. aperture: f/16
- Filter size: 62 mm
- Built in apodisation filter
- Apodisation filter delivers more creative portraits
- The XF56mm F1.2 R APD offers brilliant levels of sharpness even when shooting with the aperture at F1.2. In addition, the apodisation filter smooths the bokeh’s outlines. This combination of image sharpness and beautiful bokeh delivers portraits with a three-dimensional feel.
- An optical construction of 11 glass elements in eight groups, including one aspherical glass molded lens element and two extra low dispersion lens elements has been used. Spherical aberrations are corrected by the aspherical glass element to deliver high resolution at the maximum aperture setting. Additionally, thanks to the combination of two extra-low dispersion lens elements and three cemented lens elements, chromatic aberrations are greatly reduced.
- By applying Fujifilm’s unique HT-EBC (High Transmittance Electron Beam Coating) to all lens surfaces, ghosting and flare are controlled for sharp, clear results.
- The lens also makes the most of Fujifilm’s unique X-TransTM CMOS low pass filter-less sensor for extremely high image quality. Ghosting and flare are controlled even under harsh conditions such as backlighting.
- By combining this lens with an X Series camera body*5 with Lens Modulation Optimiser*4 (LMO) technology, the performance from the lens is improved even further. LMO corrects for diffraction*6 to produce images with edge-to-edge sharpness and create a realistic three-dimensional effect, even at small apertures.
(2) Autofocusing for a lens with an apodisation filter
- In the past, an apodisation filter has only been used on a manual focus lens, this is the first to use high-precision contrast AF.
- Combined with an X Series camera body, more natural shots of subjects are possible thanks to the near-silent shutter sound.
This lens is ideal to be used for portrait photography, as it has been designed to reproduce beautiful skin tones. The lens is made to feel comfortable in your hand and solid construction with the focus and aperture rings being made of metal along with the exterior of the lens.
Fast f/1.2 aperture
Advanced optical design for professional portraits
Premium build quality