Sony UTX-P40/K33 Plug On Transmitter
The Sony UTX-P40/K33 is a wireless XLR Plug On Transmitter for UWP-D Wireless Systems with with 48V Phantom power that can be used with any handheld or shotgun Mic to capture high quality audio.
- Compact and lightweight wireless plug on transmitter with high quality audio
- Fast NFC SYNC allows quick, secure channel setting between transmitter and receiver
- Operates on +48V power supply allowing the transmitter to provide phantom power
- Advanced digital audio processing is used to guarantee high quality audio
- Auto Gain Mode adjusts volume control depending on audio capture
Sony UTX-P40/K33 Plug On Wireless Transmitter Summary
Joining Sony’s fourth generation UWP-D is this TX-P40 Wireless Plug On Transmitter with new features including NFC Syncing, a more compact belt pack and a new mounting shoe. High quality audio is delivered by a quick and easy to use, reliable system. Advanced digital audio processing is used to guarantee high quality audio, with improved transient response performance.
Features at a glance
- High Quality Sound from Advanced digital audio processing
- One button frequency setting with NFC Syncing
- +48V power supply
- Variable muting function
- Auto Gain Mode
- Switchable MIC/LINE input level
- +15 dB gain volume boost mode for off-mic audio
A new optional digital audio interface enables direct digital sound recording with many Sony professional video cameras and Alpha interchangeable lens cameras via the SMAD-P5 Multi Interface MI shoe adaptor. This bypasses A/D and D/A conversion stages to ensure excellent sound quality.
Sony UTX-P40/K33 Plug On Transmitter in More Detail
Auto Gain Mode
You often won’t know the volume of your talent’s voice in advance, so Auto Gain sets the gain moderately high, then uses a limiter to help prevent distortion.
+15 dB Boost for off-mic Audio
Avoid insufficient audio levels during interviews with the +15 dB boost, which resets the gain when the microphone is not near the person’s mouth.
More compact size and weight
The UTX-P40 plug-on transmitter is 20% smaller than previous models, helping to keep the system size and weight down.
Set the appropriate input levels with MIC/LINE switching levels and adjustable attenuators.
Transmitter Frequency Sent to Receiver
It’s easy to set up multiple receivers in combination with one transmitter using NFC communication which relays transmitter settings such as frequency and compander mode directly to the receiver.
Pressing the MUTE button silences the audio output from the Transmitter, whereas the Variable Mute function lets you determine whether the audio is muted for different operating states.
High-Visibility OLED Display
You’ll see operating status instantly and accurately, regardless of whether the unit is being used indoors or outdoors, with the quick response of the OLED display.
The receiver can draw DC power from the USB interface for long-term use or low-battery emergencies
+48V Power Supply
The UTX-P40 plug-on transmitter accommodates dynamic and condenser microphones that need DC 48 V power.
Compatible with UWP Series / WL-800 Series
The digital compander can recognise and match the operations of Sony’s UWP and WL-800 Series allowing you to use the UWP-D transmitter with a UWP or WL-800 receiver. You can also use a UWP or WL-800 transmitter with a UWP-D receiver. In addition, the Infrared Port enables the UTX-P40 transmitter to accept channel setting, compander mode and AUTO SET status from the URX-P03D receiver.
- Auto and manual gain mode
- Transmitter frequency sent to receiver for matching multiple receivers to one transmitter
- USB connector for power supply
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.