Sony FE 135mm f/1.8 GM Prime Telephoto Lens
The medium length telephoto Sony FE 135mm f/1.8 GM lens for E Mount is sharp and clear with multiple image-enhancing optical elements including an XA Element, Super ED and ED as well as Nano AR coating.
Sony 135mm F1.8 GMaster Prime Lens
Equipped with Sony's most advanced optical technologies, the new lens is built to meet the extremely high standards of Sony's G Master series. The new FE 135mm F1.8 GM offers exceptionally high resolution and exquisite bokeh, two qualities that are signature attributes of Sony's flagship G Master brand. The new lens combines rapid autofocus (AF) acquisition with a lightweight, portable design and a variety of professional functions, making it a versatile, high-performance tool for professional portrait photographers, wedding photographers, sports photographers and a wide variety of imaging enthusiasts.
Realising consistently high resolution across the entire frame, even at F1.8, the FE 135mm F1.8 GM boasts an innovative optical design that places XA (extreme aspherical) and Super ED (extraa-low Dispersion) glass elements in the front group to effectively suppress all common telephoto lens aberrations. Additionally, the Super ED element plus one ED glass element are strategically positioned to compensate for axial chromatic aberration, minimize colour fringing and maximise overall resolution, ensuring outstanding image quality. For impressive clarity, Sony's unique Nano AR Coating is applied to reduce flare and ghosting that can occur when shooting backlit portraits.
The new telephoto prime lens utilises its XA element, refined with Sony's latest bokeh simulation technologies during the design and manufacturing stages, to control spherical aberration and achieve exquisite bokeh. In addition, an 11-bladed circular aperture mechanism contributes towards achieving extremely natural and beautiful background defocus. The exciting new model also features dual-autofocus groups in a floating focus arrangement for improved close-up capability, allowing a minimum focus distance of just 0.7 metres and a maximum magnification of 0.25x.
To ensure that this lens can keep up with fast-moving portrait or sports subjects, the FE 135mm F1.8 GM has been equipped with a total of four of Sony's proprietary XD linear motors&midash;two for each group&midash;that achieve rapid, reliable and speedy AF tracking and performance. There is also a control algorithm that helps to maximise control response and ensure quiet, low-vibration AF. All of this exceptional performance is packaged in a compact, lightweight body weighing in at 950g.
The FE 135mm F1.8 GM includes a number of professional controls that enhance ease of operation for both stills and movie shooting. These include an aperture ring that allows direct, intuitive aperture control and a focus ring that features Linear Response MF for fine, responsive manual focus control. There is also a focus range limiter switch, two customisable focus hold buttons, and a focus-mode switch that makes it possible to quickly select auto or manual focus to match changing shooting conditions
An F1.8 135mm prime with superb resolution, bokeh, and AF
Unsparing application of Sony's most advanced optical technologies has produced a large-aperture prime telephoto lens that delivers outstanding corner-to-corner resolution even at F1.8, plus exquisite bokeh that is a hallmark of the G Master series.
XA and Super ED elements deliver high resolution
XA (extreme aspherical), Super ED (extraa-low dispersion) glass, and ED glass elements precisely deployed in an advanced optical design effectively correct aberration, while a floating focus system works with these aberration correction measures to ensure that the highest possible resolution is maintained right out to the image edges throughout the lens's focus range.
Narrow depth of field with breathataking G Master bokeh
The extremely high surface precision of XA elements, careful control of spherical aberration at both the design and the manufacturing stages, and an 11-blade circular aperture all come together to produce spectacularly smooth, elegant G Master bokeh that maximises the creative potential of the narrow depth of field available with this 135mm F1.8 lens.
Dual front and rear XD linear motors achieve fast, precise, quiet AF
Sony's innovative XD (extreme dynamic) linear motors also play an important role, making it possible to maintain focus on moving portrait subjects, performers on stage, or similarly dynamic subjects with impressive speed, precision, and reliability, while also providing AF control that is quiet and virtually free of vibration.
Sony FE 135mm f/1.8 GM Prime Telephoto Lens Specifications
|Lens Type||e-Mount Full Frame G Master series Telephoto prime Lens|
|Aperture range||f.8 - f|
|Compatible camera s||Sony e-Mount|
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Sony Lenses E Mount|
|Aperture ring: Yes|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 90|
|Length (mm): 127|
|Weight (g): 19595|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: Yes|
|Focal length: 135 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 135|
|Maximum magnification: 0.25|
|Maximum aperture (number): 1.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 135|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.7|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 11|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: XD, Super ED and ED elements; Nano AR and fluorine coatings|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.