- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Sonnet Mac Rack Mini 1U Rack Kit for 2 Mac Minis
The Sonnet Mac Rack Mini 1U Rack Kit For 2 Mac Minis is a rugged steel enclosure which supports one or two mini computers side-by-side into 1U of rack space, placing the computers behind a neat front panel.
Earn 247 Park Points
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
Rack ’em Up!
Mac minis are great general-purpose computers, and make sweet servers for many applications. However, integrating them into a rack poses some challenges. How do you securely mount the minis? How do you keep them cool? How do you turn them on without pulling them out of the rack? How do you plug in a thumb drive for a quick update? Sonnet’s RackMac mini solves all these challenges and more.
Server Room Sociable
Constructed of rugged steel, the RackMac mini is a fully-assembled rackmount solution that supports one or two Mac mini® computers installed side-by-side into 1U of rack space, placing the computers behind a neat front panel.
Updated With Larger Openings to Support Proper Cooling of 2018 6-Core Mac minis
The enclosure’s design—updated to properly support 2018 6-core Mac mini models—manages airflow through the computers to keep them as cool as ambient air in the rack as on a desk, enabling you to stack them close and stack them high for a Mac mini server farm.
The RackMac mini provides front panel access to each Mac mini’s power switch and one of its USB-A ports, enabling you to switch each computer on and off, and connect a keyboard, mouse, USB drive, or other USB device.
Road Trip Ready
Do you need to take your mini on the road? The RackMac mini is a perfect travel solution. Its 8.25-inch mounting depth, plus firm rubber cushions that securely hold your computers in place during transport, make RackMac mini ideal for use in molded cases such as those from Gator Cases. The RackMac mini’s design also allows normal WiFi and Bluetooth wireless operation in most configurations (depending on rack type and position in rack), so you can use iOS® device control apps.
RackMac mini provides open access to your computers’ ports at the back of the enclosure.
Cool as a Cucumber
RackMac mini secures your Mac minis without trapping them in recirculating hot rack air. A strategically designed chamber directs cool air in a one-way path through front panel openings—now twice the air space to provide proper thermal support for the latest Mac mini—to the computers’ air intakes, and then out the back.
RackMac mini’s design ensures that cool air goes in a one-way path through the front panel openings to the computers’ air intakes, exiting out the rear. In a single Mac mini configuration, the Sonnet solution’s air dam and strategically placed seals help keep air from circulating in the unoccupied computer bay. Whether you install one or two Mac minis, RackMac mini prevents recirculation of hot air around the computers to keep them ambient temperature chill and operating reliably.
Status at a Glance
The updated RackMac mini includes dual power/status indicator openings for each computer, allowing its light to shine through whether you’ve installed an older model or the latest.
- Rackmount Solution for Mac mini - Secures one or two minis inside a rugged steel 1U enclosure
- Ideal for Use in Server Rooms - 1U height and standard mounting holes enable easy installation into any standard equipment rack
- Manages Airflow Front-to-Back - Directs airflow through each computer to keep them ambient temperature chill, even when mounted between two other rackmounted components
- Front Panel Operation - Front panel power buttons enable operation of the computer’s rear-mounted power switches; USB 3.0 ports enable connection of a USB peripheral (keyboard, mouse, thumb drive, etc.) to each computer
- Road Trip Ready - 8.25-inch mounting depth plus firm rubber cushions that hold the computers securely in place during transport make RackMac mini perfectly for use in portable racks and molded cases
- Power Status at a Glance - Front panel openings allow viewing of computers’ power/status indicator LEDs
- Open Cable Access - Enables you to connect and disconnect cables easily
Mac mini or Mac mini Server [mid 2010 (4,1)(1) through early 2020 (current)]
DVD slot of Mac mini (mid 2010) not supported
IN THE BOX:
- RackMac mini enclosure, assembled
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.