- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Art Lens Canon EF
The Sigma 24-70mm Art lens for Canon EF-mount adds high-end optical design to a workhorse zoom range, as well as a hypersonic motor and optical stabilisation for outstanding performance throughout.
Earn 1149 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
Chat with a Canon product specialist about this productChat now
- The Art range as a whole is known for great build and image quality
- Fantastically versatile focal length with a more than reliable constant aperture of f/2.8
- A true contender for your all-round lens for your DSLR
Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Art Canon Fit Lens Summary
- 24-70mm lens part of the esteemed Art range of Sigma lenses
- Canon EF-mount lens compatible with Canon DSLRs
- Versatile wide-angle to mid-telephoto lens
- Optical stabiliser (OS)
- Dust and splash proof mount with rubber sealing
- f/2.8 through the focal range for excellent bokeh and low-light performance
- Hypersonic motor (HSM) for fast autofocus
- Also compatible with the Sigma MC-11 Canon Lens to Sony Camera Converter to work with Sony mirrorless cameras
- 19 lens elements in 14 groups
- Minimum focusing distance: 37cm
- 9 rounded diaphragm blades
Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Art Canon EF-Mount Lens in Detail
The definitive large-diameter standard zoom lens for any shoot
What photographers demand from the 24-70mm F2.8 specification is much more than outstanding image quality. They want all the features that make this a go-to lens for a wide range of photographic opportunities, including optical design ideal for the latest ultra-high-megapixel digital cameras, hypersonic motor (HSM) for high-speed autofocus, optical stabilizer (OS) with powerful stabilization effect, dust- and splash-proof mount with rubber sealing, and a metal barrel for a stable, rigid feel.
This lens from Sigma delivers the performance and functionality that help pros succeed in news, nature, and many other fields of photography.
Outstanding optical performance
Three SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass lens elements and four aspherical lens elements help minimize optical aberrations. To ensure outstanding image quality from the center to the edges of the photograph, the optical system minimizes coma, which causes points of light to streak, and transverse chromatic aberration, which cannot be corrected via aperture control, The optical system also minimizes distortion, which can be particularly evident in wide-angle shots, resulting in excellent optical performance throughout the zoom range.
A 24-70mm F2.8 lens that meets the high standards of the Art line
Sigma has continuously pioneered 24-70mm F2.8 lenses that are a step ahead of the times.
The first model of this specification, Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG ASPHERICAL DF, launched in 2001.
Representing the fourth generation of the family, the Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 DG OS HSM - Art accomplishes a challenging feat in optical design: incorporating optical stabilizer functionality in a large-diameter standard zoom. By leveraging all of its design and manufacturing expertise, Sigma has ensured that this new lens fulfills the uncompromising requirements of the Art line for image and build quality.
Bokeh that is a cut above
At wide-open aperture, this lens offers outstanding photographic expression. The area in focus is extremely sharp, while the background exhibits a beautiful bokeh effect with only slight spherical aberration. Since large-diameter zoom lenses are often used at wide-open aperture, Sigma has paid close attention to the shape of the bokeh, aiming for perfect circularity.
Incorporating advanced aspherical lens processing technology
Aspherical lenses necessitate refined expertise in the design and manufacturing of advanced, high-performance lenses.
Sigma's first products to feature this technology were the Sigma 12-24mm F4 DG HSM - Art and Sigma 14mm F1.8 DG HSM - Art, which both incorporated a large 80mm aspherical lens as their front lens element.
Building on the success of these predecessors, the Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 DG HSM - Art incorporates an aspherical lens element that helps achieve extremely high resolution. This element is much thicker at the center than the edges, and forming its unusual shape is a feat of manufacturing technology.
Moreover, Sigma processes the surface of this aspherical lens element with ultra-precise tolerances that are measured in hundredths of a micrometer. This extremely fine surface allows the Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 DG HSM - Art to deliver a very natural and smooth bokeh effect, without the visible concentric rings that afflict typical aspherical lens elements.
OS functionality and newly designed HSM for success on any shoot
Designed for advanced utility in a wide variety of situations, the optical stabilizer (OS) offers a powerful stabilization effect. The newly designed large hypersonic motor (HSM) offers 1.3 times the torque of its predecessor and exceptionally stable performance even at lower speeds. (Based on CIPA's guideline. Measuring at telephoto end, when it is attached to the camera with 35mm image sensor).
Lens barrel designed for high rigidity
Since large-diameter standard zoom lenses tend to serve as a go-to lens and see frequent use, the Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 DG HSM - Art is designed to stand up to the challenging shooting environments that pros encounter.
To this end, the lens barrel contains a large amount of metal, while the external moving parts feature thermally stable composite (TSC), which is resistant to thermal expansion and contraction. This structure contributes not only to the outstanding optical performance of the lens but also to its high rigidity and confidence-inspiring build quality.
Mount with dust- and splash-proof design
Since the area of the lens most vulnerable to dust and other foreign bodies is the mount, rubber sealing helps provide peace of mind. In addition, the front lens element features a water- and oil-repellent coating that helps the lens perform well in the rain, near water, and in other challenging conditions.
Other details and extra functionality:
- Fast AF with full-time manual focus
- Compatible with Mount Converter MC-11
- Works with the Sigma USB Dock for firmware upgrades and settings adjustment
- Makes customization and flexible adjustment possible
- Available Mount Conversion Service (allows use with another camera body)
- Rounded diaphragm
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
- High-precision, durable brass bayonet mount
- Evaluation with SIGMA's own MTF measuring system "A1"
- Made in Japan with outstanding craftsmanship
- The lens barrel is engraved with the year of release
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Canon Lenses EF mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 88|
|Length (mm): 108|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 24 - 70 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: Yes|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 70|
|Maximum magnification: 0.21|
|Maximum aperture (number): 2.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 24|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.37|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: Three HLD and four aspherical elements|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Omni Captial Ltd.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
The fourth iteration of this lens from Sigma doesn't disappoint by joining the esteemed ranks of the Sigma Art range of lenses - inheriting the design and build quality the Art lenses have become known for.
Its large diameter and f/2.8 aperture throughout the entire focal range means you can get delightful bokeh whether using it at the wide-end or telephoto-end of the spectrum.
The Hypersonic motor has been redesigned to offer greater torque than previous versions, helping to provide quicker autofocus.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.