Sekonic Limited Edition L398A Studio Deluxe III Meter
Sekonic is celebrating their 70th anniversary with this extremely Limited Edition Studio Deluxe III Meter designed with a no-battery amorphous photocell in burgundy and rose gold with case, strap and more
Sekonic Limited Edition L398A Studio Deluxe III Meter Summary
2021 sees the release of the Sekonic Limited Edition Studio Deluxe III Meter (L398A), designed in celebration of their 70th anniversary. This reinvention of a classic analogue light meter arrives in unique burgundy and rose gold colours with an engraved face. It also comes with a display box, special leather case and strap, all unique to this limited edition set of just 700 available worldwide.
Features at a glance
- Extremely limited edition collectors classic
- Special burgundy and rose gold (rather than black)
- Analogue light metering with swivel head
- No battery amorphous photo cell design
- 180º Lumisphere for incident measurements
The Sekonic L398A Studio Deluxe III Meter swivel head allows you to hold down the metering button and ‘walk the set’ to check light levels. Release the button and the needle locks down the meter's analog display needle for quick and easy to read exposure calculations. Exposures are displayed for both still and cine applications.
Incident measurements can be taken with the 180-degree Lumisphere for general readings of three-dimensional objects. You can also use the Lumi selective area readings, measuring the lighting ratios between highlights and shadow areas or light falling on flat-field objects such as artwork, measurements outdoors or under bright studio lights.
For reflected readings, a flat Lumigrid replaces the Lumisphere. The Sekonic L-398A Studio Deluxe III makes an ideal prime or back-up meter for still or motion picture shooters.
Instant view of full range of aperture and shutter combinations
The Studio Deluxe III analog dial gives you a complete range of exposure settings for both stills and video applications in a glance. The analog needle indicates the brightness in foot-candles.
No-battery Amorphous photosensor
An amorphous photosensor has been adopted, eliminating the need for batteries entirely!
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.