Pentax K-1 Full Frame Digital DSLR camera Body
This product has been discontinued.
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
Pentax K1 Full Frame DSLR camera SUMMARY
|Product features in detail|
The Pentax K-1 has a 36.4 megapixel full-frame CMOS image sensor equal to the size of 35mm film, which produces fine bokeh and the same depth of field as a 35mm camera. It uses Pentax's high-grade DRII dust removal mechanism for easy dust elimination through the use of ultrasonic vibration. To ensure the highest possible resolution, it incorporates an anti-aliasing filter-free design (AA simulator) which delivers minimal moir©, by applying microscopic vibrations at the sub-pixel level during exposure, so produces the same amount of moir© reduction as an optical AA filter. The simulator allows you to turn the AA effect on or off and adjust its level.
The K-1 has a 3.2inch 1,037,000 dot flexible-tilt TFT LCD monitor with a 3:2 aspect ratio, which lets you shoot at various angles, and can be tilted 35° horizontally, 44° vertically, and diagonally whilst not deviating from the lens' optical axis, and it can be pulled out from its base for waist-level photography. It uses an air-gapless construction which minimises light reflection and dispersion for better visibility when shooting outdoors. In fact, it also has an Outdoor View Setting mode so you can quickly select its brightness level with one push of a button.
The newly developed optical viewfinder on the K-1 offers an almost 100% field of view and 0.7x magnification. It has a Natural Bright Matt III focusing screen which is easy to use and delivers true-to-life accuracy. Its transparent display lets you superimpose various data over the viewfinder image.
The Pentax K-1 features a newly developed SAFOX 12 AF sensor module, which has an expanded autofocus frame that covers the full-frame field with 33 AF sensors and 25 cross-types in the centre. The middle sensor and the 2 above and below it detect the light flux of an F2.8 lens, so gaining pinpoint focus with a large aperture lens is easy. Autofocus tracking performance is highly effective for fast-moving subjects.
Real-Time Scene Analysis
Pentax's Real Time Scene Analysis combines the 86,000-pixel RGB metering sensor and PRIME IV image processing engine to perform real-time analysis of brightness distribution and the colour and movement of your subject. Using this data, it measures the lighting conditions of the subject and ensures the exposure is at an optimum. Additionally, it utilises artificial intelligence technology called deep learning', which assesses individual scenes more precisely for perfect exposures.
Pixel Shift Resolution System
The K-1 features Pentax's Pixel Shift Resolution System which captures 4 images at once and shifts the image sensor by 1 pixel for each image, and then combines them into 1 image. Whereas in the Bayer system, each pixel has 1 colour data unit, this system acquires all colour data in each individual pixel for ultra-high resolution images, with much more accurate colour and more precise detail than those produced by traditional full-frame sensors.
You can capture Full HD 1080p video at up to 60i/30p frame rate in the H.264 recording format on the K-1. It also includes various impressive visual effects, and has an interval movie mode which records a series of 4K clips at a fixed interval.
Shake reduction mechanism
The SR II shake reduction mechanism on the K1 minimises camera shake along 5 axes and has a compensation range of five shutter steps - the widest found across Pentax DSLRs - and works with all compatible Pentax interchangeable lenses. Even when panning, it automatically detects the directional movement of the camera and controls the SR unit to achieve the best possible imagery, without the need to switch modes. It also shifts the image sensor unit by 1 pixel for very high resolution imaging. As well as compensating for shake caused by yaw and pitch, it also works for shake caused by vertical and horizontal shift - which is often encountered in macro photography - and that caused by roll.
Supportive shooting functions
The K1's Operation Assist Light function lets you easily operate the camera in the dark by incorporating LED lights at 4 positions - at the cable switch terminal, at the memory card slot, behind the LCD monitor, and above the lens mount. The Key Lock function ensures you don't accidentally operate the 4-way controller, or other exposure buttons, the Smart function lets you quickly select and set your preferred functions with just the function dial and set dial without having to refer to the LCD monitor's menu, and the Control Panel Customise function lets you change a position and/or listing of the on-screen menu.
The Pentax K-1 has a built-in GPS module which records location, latitude, longitude, altitude, UTC (Universal Time Coordinated) and direction at the time of shooting. Furthermore, it includes an electronic compass, GPS log, and an Astro Tracer which makes it easy to trace and photograph celestial bodies, by combining GPS information with the K1's SR mechanism.
There are numerous Wi-Fi functions on the K1, which is compatible with smart devices. The Image Sync app can be used on a mobile device, allowing you to remotely check the live-view image, record still photos, and change various camera settings. You can also download images onto your mobile device for sharing on social media platforms.
The K-1 is dustproof, and also weather and cold-resistant, operating down to -10°C. It has 87 sealing parts in its body, its front and rear frames are made from a lightweight and robust magnesium alloy, and it's also compact, thanks to the inclusion of a new floating mirror design. Its durable shutter can take 300,000 shutter releases for professional usage. Besides being able to use lithium-ion batteries, it can also run on 6 AA batteries.
|What else is included in the box?|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.