Leica Summarit S 35mm f/2.5 ASPH CS Lens Black Anodised
With an angle of view corresponding to that of a 28 mm lens in 35 mm format, the Leica Summarit-S 35 mm f/2.5ASPH. can be used as a universal wide-angle lens with characteristically dramatic perspectives. At the same time,its unusually fast initial aperture offers fascinating creative potential for the use of selective focusing to isolate subjects from their surroundings. The alternative CS version with a central shutter and a close focusing limit of only 55 cm (~1.8 ft), offers extreme versatility for a wide range of photographic needs.
The combination of a fast initial aperture and a wide angle of view are only possible by the investment of enormous effort in the design and construction of such a lens. And here, Leica employs the benefits of numerous years of experience gained in the production of lenses with aspherical surfaces, a feature very rarely found in such large diameter lenses. In the front group, a lens with an aspherical surface created in an immensely precise grinding and polishing process guarantees extremely low distortion, and a further aspherical surface is employed in the rear groups. Altogether, five of the eleven lenses arranged in nine groups are manufactured from glass with anomalous partial dispersion, and three are fluoride lenses with particularly low dispersion (color scattering) characteristics.Rear group focusing in this splash-proof and dust sealed lens ensures consistent imaging performance from infinity to the closest focusing distances and a constant length when focusing.
Thanks to this special construction, the image performance of the Summarit-S 35 mm f/2.5 ASPH., is exceptionally good wide open and can be improved only very slightly in the corners of images by stopping down. A vignetting value of just 1.4 stops, and distortion no greater than 1.7 %, even at its closest focusing limit, are imperceptible in practical use. The outcome of the enormous effort invested in the design and construction of this lens is a wide angle lens that allows photographers to fully exploit its creative opportunities without compromise.
This is the CS version of the lens, which has a central shutter, also known as a leaf shutter, built-in. The central shutter allows the S camera to sync with a flash unit at any shutter speed up to and including 1/1000th of a second. This provides the photographer with exceptional control when balancing ambient and strobe lighting.
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Leica Lenses S mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.