This product has been discontinued.
Leica Q (Typ 116) Compact Digital Camera Black Anodised
Looking to trade in your camera equipment? Get a quote now!
Product Code: L012590M
Leica Q (Typ 116) Black Anodized compact camera
'Combine what is technically possible with what makes sense photographically.' A concept that has been epitomised by Leica since Oskar Barnack laid the foundations for 35 mm photography more than a hundred years ago, with the original Leica.
This concept has been central to our company's philosophy - based on the art of engineering on one hand, and on visionary risk-taking on the other. A philosophy that leads to innovation, rewriting photographic history again and again. As it has with the new Leica Q, a camera which continues this groundbreaking Leica tradition with a full-frame sensor and a fixed focal length.
Whether your subject involves depth of field, an available-light situation or a macro photography shot, the Summilux 28mm f/1.7 ASPH. provides everything you need to express yourself photographically. Its classic 28mm focal length is perfect for street, architectural and landscape photography. Its lens, the fastest in its class, combined with a specially designed 24 MP CMOS full-frame sensor, provides detailed images of unsurpassed quality: up to ISO 50,000.
The integrated viewfinder of the Leica Q is activated as soon as the camera is brought up to the eye. It faithfully displays the camera's image at any time, right down to the smallest detail and without any perceptible delay. With its resolution of 3.68 MP, it surpasses all other electronic viewfinders. The autofocus is also outstanding, capturing with ultimate sharpness at maximum speed. The new Maestro II series processor works extremely rapidly and allows a serial image speed of up to 10 frames per second at full resolution. And of course, the images are instantly available as a JPEG in playback mode.
Intuitive, ergonomic, pragmatic. The controls of the Leica Q provide quick access to all relevant options and opportunities. For example, auto-focus can be set either using buttons or via the touch screen. Prefer to focus manually? Then let the innovative Live View aids "Focus-Peaking" and "Live View Zoom" assist you. Easy to use, the Leica Q helps you implement your ideas perfectly - at the press of a button.
The built-in Wi-Fi module on the Leica Q makes it easy to share your pictures and videos on social networks. Images can be downloaded to your smartphone, tablet or computer via WLAN and the complimentary Leica Q app. The app also allows the Leica Q to be operated remotely. For example, set the time and aperture on your device and use it as a remote-control release. In this way, blur-free long exposures and recordings are possible from unusual angles and also as moving images. What's more, you can record video in Full-HD and web-friendly MP4.
The Leica maxim 'focusing on the essentials' also applies to the Leica Q's exterior design. Made in Germany, the high quality materials and outstanding craftmanship guarantee maximum durability. The top cover is milled from a solid aluminium block, while the housing is finished in magnesium and all labels and markings on the adjustment wheels are laser engraved. The thumb rest on the back of the camera and the diamond pattern of the exterior finish make the Leica Q beautifully easy to grip.
An incredibly responsive, easy to use street camera with a fixed lens that is one of the best we've had the pleasure of using.
The colour tones from this camera are beautiful, helping you get shots that look better than they would if they were shot on another camera.
Yet it's also surprisingly functional and pracctical - from the high resolution EVF through to the fast and accurate autofocus, the Leica Q delights in every possible way.
- Bright viewfinder
- Versatile and fast f/1.7 lens
- May be the best 'street' camera ever
- Incredible colour rendition and image quality gives 'the Leica look'
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.