This product has been discontinued.
Leica M-E Typ 240 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Looking to trade in your camera equipment? Get a quote now!
Product Code: L014450E
- Outstanding image quality thanks to newly developed LEICA MAX CMOS Sensor
- New "Anthracite Paint" finish with black cowhide leather
- Extended applications with Live View and electronic viewfinder
- Simple, high-precision focusing thanks to Live View focus and focus peaking
- 2GB buffer from M-P (Typ 240)
- Digital fullframe for Leica R lenses, with the Leica R-Adapter M
- "Leica Look" videos with Full HD video capture (1080p)
- Enhanced sensitivity range up to ISO 6400
- 3" display with 920,000 pixels, Corning Gorilla glass screen protector
- Fast image processing by the Leica Maestro image processor
- Splash protected body
- Extremely long battery life
- Multi-pattern and spot exposure metering
- Includes 2 year Leica warranty
The new Leica M-E continues the unique tradition of rangefinder photography. A stringent paring down to the most essential camera functions ensures a streamlined and intuitive operation. Compact, quiet and characteristically discreet, the new Leica M-E allows photographers to blend into their surroundings, establish a direct connection with their subject, and capture each scene with absolute authenticity and brilliant image quality.
The Leica M-E (Typ 240) is distinguished by a timelessly elegant aesthetic and high-end construction; each model is handcrafted in Germany. The compact camera body is dust and spray water resistant, while the genuine leather trim offers both a sophisticated appearance and a safer grip on the camera. Top and base plate are finished in an anthracite grey paint which has been developed especially for the M-E.
As with all Leica M models, owners of the new M-E benefit from the comprehensive system compatibility that distinguishes the Leica M series: thanks to the M bayonet mount, the M-E is compatible with nearly every M lens ever produced — and so represents a particularly sustainable investment.
The new Leica M-E ranks among the most compact full-frame camera systems in the world. Its 24MP CMOS sensor offers a high light sensitivity of up to ISO 6400 – facilitating outstanding image results even in low-light situations. Its 2GB buffer memory (from the M-P (Typ 240)) ensures that the Leica M-E is always ready to shoot, even when capturing a rapid succession of frames – so you can rest assured that you will never miss out on the decisive moment.
Thanks to its exceedingly high resolution and light sensitivity, the Leica M-E delivers photographs imbued with the classic ‘Leica look’, characterized by a unique bokeh rendition. Owners of the new Leica M-E are also able to apply this distinctive quality to their moving images: the Leica M-E features a 1080p, full-HD movie mode — allowing you to capture stunning videos using a dedicated recording button, adding yet another dimension to your creative pursuits.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.