Laowa 10mm f/4 Pancake Lens Silver for Fuji X
The Laowa 10mm f/4 Pancake Lens in Silver for Fuji X mount is a super compact, lightweight ultra wide angle lens for street, landscape and all-day shooting, which delivers low distortion and high quality.
- Super compact and lightweight ultra wide angle pancake lens for Fujifilm X mount cameras
- High optical performance from an advanced optical design with special glass elements rendering sharp details
- Well controlled distortion from the world’s widest rectilinear pancake lens, enabling you to capture straight lines
- Capture striking 10-point sunstars from a unique 5-bladed aperture design for special image effects
- Extremely close 10cm minimum focus distance for close-ups, dynamic wide angles and macro-style images
Laowa 10mm f/4 Pancake Lens Silver for Fuji X Summary
Adding to the list of extremely accomplished Laowa lenses is this ultra-compact and lightweight Laowa 10mm f/4 Pancake Lens Silver for Fuji X mount. It features a high quality optical design with special glass elements to render high image quality, with an ultra wide 109.3° angle of view. This lends the 10mm f/4 Pancake to a variety of subjects including landscapes, seascapes, city and general purpose shooting.
You can create beautiful 10-point sunstars from the unique 5-bladed aperture design and the lens displays extremely well controlled distortion, which is ideal for maintaining straight lines in your images and particularly beneficial to architectural shots. The advanced optical design features 12 elements arranged in 8 groups, with 2 aspherical and 4 extra-low dispersion elements, which render excellent results across the frame.
- Extremely compact 25mm long and lightweight 130g ultra wide angle prime
- World’s widest rectilinear pancake lens with 109.3° angle of view
- Designed for Fujifilm X cameras with an APS-C image circle
- Super-low distortion
- High optical performance
- 10-point sunstar from a 5-bladed aperture design
- Close 10cm minimum focusing distance
- Built-in 37mm filter thread
Laowa 10mm f/4 Pancake Lens Silver for Fuji X in More Detail
Extremely compact and lightweight
With a weight of just 130g and measuring Ø59.8 x 25mm, the Laowa 10mm f/4 Pancake Lens in Silver is easy to handhold and bring along for all-day shooting. It includes an equally compact 37mm filter thread, enabling you to add lens filters such as circular polarisers, UV filters and more.
Ultra low distortion results
The Laowa 10mm f/4 Pancake Lens (Silver) renders 109.3° angle of view, making it the world’s widest rectilinear pancake lens at launch. This allows you to capture horizontal and vertical straight lines in buildings, streets and any other subjects with straight lines, where minimal distortion and realistic results are rendered.
High optical performance
Whichever subjects you shoot with the Laowa 10mm f/4 Pancake Lens Silver you’ll benefit from impressive image quality for a pancake lens, with good flare and ghost control when shooting backlit subjects. When the lens is stopped down to f/8 sharpness is extremely high, which is ideal for subjects for which this ultra wide angle lens is intended.
Laowa’s unique design includes an aperture diaphragm with 5 aperture blades, which creates impressive sunstars with 10 points to enhance your images.
Extremely close minimum focus distance
Create dynamic compositions with an extremely close 10cm minimum focus distance and 0.15x maximum magnification. This extends the versatility of the 10mm pancake for macro-style close-up images and creating subject separation from the background.
©Alexander Martindes Chung
©Alexander Martindes Chung
|Angle of view||109.3°|
|Lens Structure||12 elements in 8 groups (4 ED elements)|
|Aperture Blades||5 blades|
|Min. Focusing Distance||100mm|
|Focus Mode||Manual (MF)|
|Dimensions for Filter Thread||Ø 37mm|
|Dimensions||About Ø 59.8mm * 25mm|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Laowa is branching out from their typical lens designs with the 10mm f/4 Pancake Lens for Fujifilm X mount. Whilst it does focus extremely closely to just 10cm it is not a macro lens, but rather an ultra wide angle prime which is perfect for landscape, travel and urban photography. It arrives as the worlds widest rectilinear pancake lens, which means you’ll be able to capture straight lines with extremely low distortion when capturing anything with a straight edge, such as buildings or trees.
The lens resolves sharp details, particularly when stopped down from the widest f/4 aperture and features an advanced optical design with special lens elements to render high quality images. Ghosting and flare are well controlled and a unique aperture opening shows 10-point sunstars when shooting directly at light sources. This enables you to capture nice effects for any images shot with the sun, moon, stars or any artificial light source.
As a pancake lens it is naturally compact and Laowa has reduced the weight of this tiny model to just 130g. This allows you to pack the lens and bring it on any shoot barely noticing the extra weight. It’s the combination of portability, versatility and excellent results which is sure to make this a hit with Fujifilm photographers.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.