Leica M-E (Typ 240) Digital Rangefinder Camera
- Outstanding image quality thanks to newly developed LEICA MAX CMOS Sensor
- New "Anthracite Paint" finish with black cowhide leather
- Extended applications with Live View and electronic viewfinder
- Simple, high-precision focusing thanks to Live View focus and focus peaking
- 2GB buffer from M-P (Typ 240)
- Digital fullframe for Leica R lenses, with the Leica R-Adapter M
- "Leica Look" videos with Full HD video capture (1080p)
- Enhanced sensitivity range up to ISO 6400
- 3" display with 920,000 pixels, Corning® Gorilla® glass screen protector
- Fast image processing by the Leica Maestro image processor
- Splash protected body
- Extremely long battery life
- Multi-pattern and spot exposure metering
- Includes 2 year Leica warranty
The new Leica M-E continues the unique tradition of rangefinder photography. A stringent paring down to the most essential camera functions ensures a streamlined and intuitive operation. Compact, quiet and characteristically discreet, the new Leica M-E allows photographers to blend into their surroundings, establish a direct connection with their subject, and capture each scene with absolute authenticity and brilliant image quality.
The Leica M-E (Typ 240) is distinguished by a timelessly elegant aesthetic and high-end construction; each model is handcrafted in Germany. The compact camera body is dust and spray water resistant, while the genuine leather trim offers both a sophisticated appearance and a safer grip on the camera. Top and base plate are finished in an anthracite grey paint which has been developed especially for the M-E.
As with all Leica M models, owners of the new M-E benefit from the comprehensive system compatibility that distinguishes the Leica M series: thanks to the M bayonet mount, the M-E is compatible with nearly every M lens ever produced — and so represents a particularly sustainable investment.
The new Leica M-E ranks among the most compact full-frame camera systems in the world. Its 24MP CMOS sensor offers a high light sensitivity of up to ISO 6400 – facilitating outstanding image results even in low-light situations. Its 2GB buffer memory (from the M-P (Typ 240)) ensures that the Leica M-E is always ready to shoot, even when capturing a rapid succession of frames – so you can rest assured that you will never miss out on the decisive moment.
Thanks to its exceedingly high resolution and light sensitivity, the Leica M-E delivers photographs imbued with the classic ‘Leica look’, characterized by a unique bokeh rendition. Owners of the new Leica M-E are also able to apply this distinctive quality to their moving images: the Leica M-E features a 1080p, full-HD movie mode — allowing you to capture stunning videos using a dedicated recording button, adding yet another dimension to your creative pursuits.