Sony DSC RX1 Compact Digital Camera
The world’s first compact camera with 35mm full-frame 24.3 effective megapixel sensor
You’d never have believed it was possible. Now photo enthusiasts can explore the creative possibilities of full-frame imaging with a compact digital camera that fits easily in the palm of your hand.
The extraordinary new Cyber-shot™ DSC-RX1 from Sony realises the dream of photographers everywhere. Just 482g (with battery and memory card), it packs a 35mm full-frame sensor and wide aperture F2 fixed-focal lens into a camera body that’s perfectly proportioned for travel and street photography as well as portraits and day-to-day shooting.
Far smaller and lighter than any full-frame DSLR, the Cyber-shot™ RX1 offers superb imaging quality that’s previously been the domain of high-end professional DSLR cameras. The unified lens/body design assures razor-sharp alignment of the sensor and optical components. This brings out the full potential of the lens to deliver unprecedented image quality, right to the very edges of each frame. Full manual control options are complemented by effortlessly intuitive operation, making it easy for enthusiasts to realise their creative vision without sacrificing portability or operating comfort.
- Full-frame imaging from a compact camera that’s drastically smaller and lighter than any full-frame DSLR
- Exmor™ CMOS sensor with approximately 24.3 effective megapixels for flawless, detail-packed photos and Full HD video
- Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* 35mm f/2 prime lens; with Macro mode for 20cm minimum focusing distance
- Extremely wide sensitivity range from ISO 100 – 25600
- Intuitive manual controls with aperture and focus mode dial
- New Multi Interface Shoe compatible with optional flash, electronic viewfinder, optical viewfinder and clip-on LCD monitor