Nikon SB-300 Speedlight
Compact, lightweight and versatile, this portable Speedlight is ideal for novice photographers who want to go beyond the limitations of a camera’s built-in flash and explore more creative lighting possibilities. Compatible with Nikon D-SLRs and COOLPIX cameras equipped with an accessory shoe, it allows control of the quality and direction of light in order to add impact to images.
Offering incredibly easy operation, even for beginners, the SB-300 will inspire novice photographers to develop their creative vision, allowing a simple way to add impact to daylight shots, expose subject detail even in tough backlit situations or soften light by ‘bouncing’ the flash off the ceiling.
Photography is the art of creating images with light, and the SB-300 offers an easy and affordable way to explore the impact an external flash can have on the quality of images. With a guide number of 18/59 (m/ft at ISO 100), you can illuminate distant subjects even in low-light conditions, use it as a fill flash to highlight subtle subject details and soften shadow areas created by ambient lighting, or to compensate for strong backlight.
The flash head can be tilted up to 120°, giving you more flexibility when shooting a variety of scenes. Avoid flat images by ‘bouncing’ the flash off the ceiling or walls, or angle the head in order to depict your subject with a softer, more natural look and create beautiful indoor portraits. Support for Nikon's i-TTL flash control enables optimum automatic flash balance, and D-SLR users can easily set slow sync, red-eye reduction and other flash modes from the camera body for natural-looking lighting.
Delivering significant lighting power in a small package, the SB-300 is the perfect travel companion. Shooting with the flash is easy—simply attach it directly to the camera’s accessory shoe and turn it on. There’s no need to try and understand unfamiliar menus. Powered by two AAA-size batteries, which are readily available across the world, the SB-300 ensures that users can enjoy flash photography wherever they go.
The SB-300 comes with a soft pouch included.
- Portable flash unit: The ideal piece of kit to have at hand when you need more light, or want to add a creative touch to your images. i-TTL compatible.
- Compatible with Nikon D-SLRs, and COOLPIX cameras equipped with an accessory shoe.
- Versatile coverage: A guide number of 18/59 (m/ft at ISO 100) lets you illuminate distant subjects even in low light conditions.
- Direct the light: The flash head tilts up to 120°, giving you the freedom to angle the light just the way you want. Get creative with shots by ‘bouncing’ the flash off the ceiling or walls.
- Easy operation: Simple to operate, the unit attaches directly to the camera’s accessory shoe.
- Thermal cut out function: Prevents damage to the flash due to overheating during high-intensity firing.
- AAA-size batteries: The SB-300 is powered by two AAA-size batteries, which are readily available across the world.
- Firmware is updatable via the camera body.