Panasonic AG-UX180 Camcorder
Looking to trade in your camera equipment? Get a quote now!
Product Code: P637200E
Earn 2874 Park Points
Finance available - See options
- UX Series - Premium Model
- Effective 1.0-type MOS Sensor
- Opt.20x Zoom w / OIS
- 4K 24p, UHD 60p/50p/30p/25p/24p
- FHD 60p/50p/30p/25p/24p
- Records onto SD Memory Cards
- UHD/FHD Dual Codec Recording
- IR Night Shooting
- 3G SDI / HDMI
The AG-UX180 is the "UX-series premium model" with professional functions and specifications for high-end users. This model is equipped with a newly designed compact lens featuring a wide 24mm angle and 20x optical zoom as well as a 1.0-type (effective size) high-sensitivity MOS sensor. Its evolved Optical Image Stabilizer (O.I.S.) and intelligent AF function are suitable for professional camera work.
The AG-UX180 supports 4K 24p, UHD 60p/50p, FHD 60p/50p multi-format recording and HD super slow-motion. Two SD memory card slots*1 are provided to enable relay/simultaneous/backup recording for enhanced reliability, and also support UHD/FHD dual codec recording for a more efficient workflow.
The controls of the AG-UX180, such as the manual three rings and user button, as well as interfaces, such as 3G-SDI/HDMI and XLR input, are engineered to meet the needs of professional video recording. Offering the same level of agility and mobility as the conventional HD handheld camcorder, the AG-UX180 provides powerful support for high-image-quality 4K video production.
NEWLY DEVELOPED, INDUSTRY'S WIDEST ANGLE 24MM*2 AND 20X OPTICAL ZOOM LENS
- World's First*3 20x Optical Zoom in a Camcorder with 1.0-type*4 Sensor
The 20x optical zoom lens covers the range from 24 mm at the wideangle end to 480 mm at the telescopic end (35mm film equivalent at 4K 24p).
- 4-Drive Lens System
Simultaneously and independently drives 4 lens groups (group 2, iris, group 3, group 4). The lens size and drive range for each of the 4 groups can be efficiently suppressed to optimize image quality/zoom power and achieve compact body.
- Industry's Widest Angle of 24 mm*5
The integrated lens boasts the industry's widest angle of 24 mm at the wide-angle setting. It enables wide-angle and minimal-distortion shooting without the use of a wide conversion lens and also allows video recording/production in a vehicle or room for example.
- Intelligent Zoom for Maximum 30x Zoom in Super-High Resolution
In FHD shooting modes, the i.Zoom function increases the zooming capability to a maximum of approximately 30x while maintaining high resolution. When the zoom reaches the 20x optical zoom limit it switches seamlessly to i.Zoom.
- Digital Zoom (2x, 5x or 10x)
The AG-UX180 is equipped with 2x, 5x and 10x digital zoom. Using the 20x optical zoom and i.Zoom together, it gives you supertelephoto magnification equivalent to a 300x zoom without dropping in light intensity.
- LEICA DICOMAR*6 Lens
This lens has passed the stringent quality standards of Leica Camera AG. A multi-coating process minimizes ghosts and flaring, resulting in especially clear images.
*1 UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) SD memory card is required for a video recording mode of 100 Mbps or higher.
*2 35mm film camera equivalent in 4K 24p (aspect ratio 17:9) recording. The angle of 24 mm is the industry's widest for a camcorder with integrated lens. (As of September 2016, according to Panasonic survey.)
*3 World's first for a camcorder with integrated lens having a 1.0-type or larger sensor. (As of September 2016, according to Panasonic survey.
*4 Effective size
*5 35 mm film equivalent. Varies depending on the video recording format. 4K/24p: 24.0 mm (17:9 aspect ratio), UHD/FHD: 25.4 mm (16:9 aspect ratio).
*6 Leica is a registered trademark of Leica Microsystems IR GmbH. DICOMAR is a registered trademark of Leica Camera AG. LEICA DICOMAR products are manufactured using Leica-certified measuring instruments and quality assurance systems based on rigorous quality standards approved by Leica Camera AG.
1.0-TYPE (EFFECTIVE SIZE) MOS SENSOR FOR HIGH- PRECISION, HIGH-SPEED 4K 60P/50P*7 RECORDING
- High-Image-Quality, High-Sensitivity 1.0-type*4 4K Sensor
The 1.0-type (effective size) MOS sensor (approx. 9,460,000 pixels in 4K 24p*8, approx. 8,790,000 pixels in UHD/FHD) provides an appropriate depth of field and excellent balance between image quality and sensitivity. Images can be recorded with a resolution of 4K (4096 x 2160) /24p, UHD (3840 x 2160) /60p/50p or FHD (1920 x 1080) /60p/50p
- VFR (2 fps to 60 fps)/Super-Slow Motion (120 fps/100 fps)
VFR recording can be set in 10 steps*9 from 2 fps to 60 fps (60Hz) / 9 steps from 2 fps to 50 fps (50Hz). Super-Slow Motion effect can be achieved by highspeed HD recording at 120 fps (59.94 Hz) or 100 fps (50 Hz)
- IR (Infrared) Shooting in Dark Places
The IR Cut Filter can be turned ON/OFF (allocated on the User button). When the filter is turned OFF, IR lights (commercially available) can be used for shooting in dark places
- 4K/UHD/FHD/SD Multi-Format Recording
Versatile and easy-to-use MOV (QuickTime), MP4 and AVCHD file formats are supported. The variety of recording modes with selectable image quality, frame rate and bit rate settings respond to a wide range of applications, from cinema production to online distribution
ADVANCED OPTICAL IMAGE STABILIZER [4K/UHD/FHD] AND HIGH-SPEED, HIGH-PRECISION INTELLIGENT AF
- Advanced Optical Image Stabilizer [4K/UHD/FHD]
Provides powerful correction even in unstable shooting situations, such as low-angle or high-angle shots. The ball OIS system reduces wear on the drive section, and greatly improves correction for small amplitude hand-shake
- 5-Axis Hybrid Image Stabilizer [FHD]
In HD shooting modes, by using hand-shake correction that combines the effects of both optical and electronic image stabilization, hand-shake in various directions, including the rotary direction, is detected and corrected
- Intelligent Auto Focus Offering High Speed, Excellent Tracking Performance and Stability
Focus status judgment algorithm achieves accurate and quick transition to search operation. High-precision, highspeed Micro Drive Focus unit accurately tracks the subject even when a quick change in focal distance occurs. AF system accurately judges changes in the subject by actively using minute wobbling motions in the high-resolution 4K image
- Custom AF Function for Adjustment of AF Speed, Tracking Sensitivity and Area Settings
Enables the AF to operate exactly as intended by the user in accordance with the subject type or application.
UHD/FHD DUAL CODEC RECORDING, DOUBLE SD MEMORY CARD SLOTS
- 16-Axis Independent Color Correction Function
Provides an independent effect to each of the 16 phases of video images. It enables color matching of multiple cameras under the same lighting conditions as well as creative image rendering.
- Skin Detail
Makes skin colors appear soft and beautiful. Especially effective when recording the person up close.
- 8-Mode Gamma
The AG-UX180 is equipped with eight selectable gamma modes, including two Cine-Like Gammas, drawing on technologies developed for the VariCam
- Scene Files
Six files preset with picture quality settings are provided as Scene Files (Standard, Shooting under fluorescent lights, Spark, Still like, Cine-like contrast, and Cine-like dynamic range). You can change any of the settings as desired and store one set as a Custom File in the AG-UX180, and up to eight sets on an SD memory card
*7 Actual recording is UHD (3840 x 2160) 59.94p/50p
*8 At 4K 24p (aspect ratio 17:9)
*9 When 1080/23.98p recording mode is selected.
*10 The maximum amount of data that can be recorded over multiple SD cards is 96 GB. Recording will not stop even when the data size exceeds 96 GB
FUNCTIONS AND DESIGNS TO SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL CAMERA WORK
- Sliding 3.5-type Touch-panel LCD and High-Resolution OLED EVF
- HDMI OUT*11
Outputs images up to 4K 24p, UHD 60p and UHD 50p*12
- VIDEO/AUDIO OUT
Outputs analogue signals for video and audio monitoring
- 16-Bit PCM for High-Sound-Quality*13
- Equipped with two channels of XLR audio input (with switchable 48 V phantom power supply, MIC and LINE) and manual audio volume
- iPad Remote Control
The AG ROP app for iPad*14 is available free of charge from the Apple App Store. It enables wireless remote control of the AG-UX180, with installation of a wireless module (optional AJ-WM50/AJ-WM30). In addition to a multitude of control functions, such as camera settings, picture quality adjustment, REC start/stop and menu setting, the AG ROP app allows control of the AG-UX180's internal lens for remote operation of the i.Zoom, zoom and focus. It also displays a thumbnail view and preview*15 so recorded clips can be checked on an iPad.
*11 HDMI and SDI signals cannot be output simultaneously.
*12 Images output during UHD 60p and UHD 50p recording are FHD.
*13 When the MOV/MP4 recording mode is selected
*14 iOS 7.1, iOS 8.1, and iOS 9 are supported. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Apple, the Apple logo, and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries
*15 Only sub-recording (8 Mbps) of dual codec recording is supported with preview
|Offer Category: Video|
|Offer Product Type: Pro Video Cameras|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: N/A|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): N/A|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): N/A|
|Custom white balance: N/A|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: N/A|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): N/A|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|JPEG quality levels: N/A|
|Live view: N/A|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: N/A|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: N/A|
|Microphone port: N/A|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: N/A|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: N/A|
|Number of white balance presets: N/A|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: N/A|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: N/A|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: N/A|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): N/A|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.