Leica M10-R Digital Rangefinder Camera Black Paint Finish
The Leica M10-R, Black Paint Finish is an extremely limited edition release camera which has design variations over the standard model, including deleted red logo and engraving on the top cap.
- Compact Rangefinder camera in stylish new black paint finish for the ultimate discretion
- Highly capable full-frame CMOS sensor for best in class image quality with 40.89MP high resolution
- Outstanding low light capabilities with ISO range between 100-50,000
- Delivers an immersive photographic experience with silent shutter and intuitive touch display
- Long exposure times available up to 16 minutes for fine art images, star trails and motion blur
Leica M10-R, Black Paint Finish Summary
Leica has released the M10-R, Black Paint Finish Digital Rangefinder Camera which includes design variations from the ground breaking standard M10-R in black chrome. This camera has been designed to provide the most immersive photography experience with complete discretion thanks to a completely silent shutter mechanism. The updated black paint finish design takes this to the visual limit with a deleted red Leica logo from the front, engraving on the top cap, classic silver chrome shutter release plate and cross knurled dials. Please note this is an extremely limited edition camera.
Other than these new design cues the Rangefinder remains leading edge with its full-frame CMOS colour sensor for 40.89 megapixels of stunning detail. Advanced Dual Gain sensor technology captures a broader dynamic range as well as boasting excellent low light performance with a native ISO of 100-50,000.
Features at a glance
- Enhanced compact M10-R camera body design with stylish black paint finish
- Sophisticated ergonomics with haptic feedback
- 40 Megapixel CMOS M-Sensor
- Silent mechanical shutter
- Class leading low light performance
- Full realises the potential of prime M-Lenses
- Made in Germany with outstanding craftsmanship
The all metal and brass body is designed to provide photographers with a lifetime of reliable and versatile service. The body is manufactured in Germany and embraces useability and ergonomics from previous generations of M10 rangefinders while pushing technology further than ever. With its high resolution and low light capabilities the M10-R, black paint finish is ideal for many shooting situations from street photography and portraits to weddings. The camera body design also provides an intuitive touchscreen and familiar dials with a classic three button layout.
Leica M10-R, Black Paint Finish in More Detail
Type no. 6376
Camera type: Compact digital view and rangefinder system camera Lens attachment Leica M bayonet with additional sensor for 6-bit coding
Lens system: Leica M lenses, Leica R lenses with an optional adapter
Sensor: CMOS chip, active area approx. 24x36 mm, without low-pass filter
Resolution: DNG: 7864 x 5200 pixels (40,89 MP), JPEG: 7840 x 5184 pixels (40,64 MP), 5472 x 3648 pixels (20 MP), 2976 x 1984 pixels (6MP)
Data formats: DNG™ (raw data, 14 bit, compressed loss-free), JPEG (8 bit)
File size: DNG: 40-60 MB, JPEG (40MP)10-20 MB: Depending on resolution and picture content
Buffer memory: 2GB / 10 pictures in series
Storage media: SD cards up to 2GB/SDHC cards up to 32GB/SDXC cards up to 2TB
Exposure metering: Exposure metering through the lens (TTL), with working aperture
Metering method: Light reflected by the blades of the 1 shutter curtain onto measuring cell.
Metering range: At room temperature and normal humidity for ISO 200, at aperture 1.0 EV-2 to EV19 at aperture 32. Flashing of the left triangular LED in the viewfinder indicates values below the metering range
Sensitivity range: ISO 100 to ISO 50.000, adjustable in 1/3 ISO increments, choice of automatic control or manual setting
Exposure modes: Choice of automatic shutter speed control with manual aperture preselection - aperture priority A, or manual shutter speed and aperture setting
Flash unit attachment: Via accessory shoe with central and control contacts Synchronisation Optionally triggered at the 1st or 2nd shutter curtain
Flash sync time: 1/180 s; slower shutter speeds can be used, if working below sync speed:
Construction principle: Large, bright line frame viewfinder with automatic parallax compensation
Image field limiter: By activating two bright lines each: For 35 and 135mm, or for 28 and 90mm, or for 50 and 75mm; automatic switching when lens is attached.
Parallax compensation: The horizontal and vertical difference between the viewfinder and the lens is automatically compensated according to the relevant distance setting, i.e. the viewfinder bright-line automatically aligns with the subject detail recorded by the lens.
Matching viewfinder and actual image: At a range setting of 2m, the bright-line frame size corresponds exactly to the sensor size of approx. 23.9 x 35.8mm; at infinity setting, depending on the focal length, approx. 7.3% (28mm) to 18% (135mm) more is recorded by the sensor than indicated by the corresponding bright line frame and slightly less for shorter distance settings than 2m
Magnification: 0.73 x with all lenses
Displays: Split or superimposed image range finder shown as a bright field in the centre of the viewfinder image 50.6mm (mechanical measurement basis 69.31mm x viewfinder magnification 0.73x)
LCD: 3" colour TFT LCD monitor with 16 million colours and 1,036,800 pixels, approx. 100 % image field, glass cover hard, scratch-resistant Gorilla® glass
Shutter and shutter release:
Shutter speeds: For aperture priority: continuous from 16min to 1⁄4000s, for manual adjustment: 8s to 1⁄4000s in half steps, from 8s to 16min in half steps
Wi-Fi: Complies with IEEE 802.11b/g/n standard (standard Wifi protocol), channel 1-11, encryption method: Wifi-compatible WPA™/WPA2™ encryption.
Camera Body design updates:
- Glossy black paint finish
- No red Leica Logo on front side
- On top cap: Classic Leica Fadenzug combined with the ‘ERNST LEITZ WETZLAR GERMANY’ engraving
- Classic silver chrome shutter release plate
- Dials with cross-knurling
What’s in the box
- Leica M10-R Digital Rangefinder Camera Black Paint Finish
- Carrying strap
- Lithium ion battery
- Charger 100-240V with cables
- Bayonet cap
- Cover for accessory shoe
- Instructions + Warranty card
Leica M10-R, Black Paint Finish Specifications
|Sensor Type||Full-frame CMOS chip, without low-pass filter|
|ISO range||100 to ISO 50,000|
|Focus points||Manual Focus|
|Continuous shooting||10 pictures in a sequence|
|LCD Screen||3" colour TFT LCD monitor with 16 million colours and 1,036,800 pixels,|
|Viewfinder||Four-digit digital display with exposure alerts above and below|
|Wireless connectivity||IEEE 802.11b/g/n standard (standard Wifi protocol)|
|GPS||With Leica Visoflex viewfinder accessory|
|Lens compatibility||Leica M bayonet with additional sensor for 6-bit coding|
|Storage type||SD cards|
|Dimensions||Approx. 139 x 38.5 x 80mm|
|Weight||Approx. 660g with battery|
50mm. 1/1000th sec. ISO 400. f/4 - Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH
Sample 2. 35mm. 16 minutes. ISO 100. f/4 - Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH lens
Sample 3. 21mm. 1/350 sec. ISO 100. f/10 - Leica Summilux-M 21mm f/1.4 ASPH
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: N/A|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): N/A|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): N/A|
|Custom white balance: N/A|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: N/A|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): N/A|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|JPEG quality levels: N/A|
|Live view: N/A|
|Camera Lens mount: Leica M|
|Manual exposure mode: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: N/A|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: N/A|
|Microphone port: N/A|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: N/A|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: N/A|
|Number of white balance presets: N/A|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: N/A|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: N/A|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: N/A|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): N/A|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: SD|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
The Leica M10-R in Black Paint Finish provides an evolution in discreet design with a blacked out style which will appeal to many users. The M10-R is already a stylish Rangefinder, with these new design cues emanating an updated style which imbues a sense of class that can set users apart from other photographers. Whether you are shooting a wedding, portraits or simply out making images the M10-R Black Paint Finish will deliver across all fronts. The wide dynamic range with base ISO 100 going through to 50,000 allows photographers to shoot in any low light situations, capturing over 40 MP high resolution detail that this level of digital photography captures.
The silent mechanical shutter and light compact body allow this system to be used discreetly anywhere at any time, particularly when combined with new haptic feedback from the body. Images are swiftly processed by the latest Leica Maestro II processor and stored on either of the two SD card slots.
Longer shooting times of up to 16 minutes enable fine art photographers to enjoy making long exposures as well as providing Astro photographers with new possibilities. The responsive high resolution touch display is simple to use and has a detailed 1,036,800 pixels for clear viewing while the Rangefinder system provides seamless connection with Leica FOTOS for quick and easy sharing. Wifi connectivity and an optional GPS viewfinder ensures that photographers can share their images from wherever they may be. Being made in Germany ensures a lifelong companion with exquisite build-quality and new design cues for the discerning photographer in you. Please note that this is an extremely limited edition camera.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.