Photokina 2016 Headlines
- Olympus show off a triplet of lenses
- Olympus E-PL8
Brand new, incredibly stylish new pocketable mirrorless from Olympus, the E-PL8 has been announced. This one is a bit of a head-turner! Read more here
- Sony a99 Mark II Announced
It’s the much-awaited return of the a-mount! And return in style it has, with an impressive 42.4MP full-frame sensor, 12fps continuous shooting and 79-point dedicated AF we’re excited about some TLC being pointed in the direction of the Sony DSLR family! Find out more here
- Panasonic GH5 In Development!
Today heralds the first update from Panasonic for their GH4 successor, the GH5 – hotly anticipated and toting the extremely exciting new 6K Photo capability which will build upon their fantastic 4K Photo feature, albeit with a fantastic 18MP still-image grab from videos, expect it to be extremely impressive. Be the first to know about this camera and register your interest here.
- Panasonic Announce a Trio of new cameras, including the G80!
Welcome to our first announcements of the day, the Panasonic Lumix range of cameras has just been increased by three, all of which you can pre-order from Park Cameras from…. now! Take a look below for more information (link to Pana anchor link).
- Canon M5 Announced:
Canon have played their cards early and have announced their new flagship mirrorless camera - the Canon EOS M5. Take a look at our blog on why you should make the jump to mirrorless with the M5.
- Leica Sofort Instant Camera:
Leica have made a shock entry to the instant camera world with their affordable, and very delightful looking Leica Sofort range of cameras.
Twitter UpdatesTweets about @Parktweets #photokina2016
Canon EOS M5
The Canon EOS M5 is the newest - and flagship - addition to the growing family of Canon mirrorless cameras. Bridging the gap between mirrorless cameras and DSLRs by mixing a compact and lightweight body with the latest in camera technologies. A high quality APS-C and advanced DIGIC 7 processor combine to help produce great imagery. Highlights of the M5 are:
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 7 Processor helps capture 14-bit RAW images as well as Full HD 60fps movies.
- 5-axis image stabilisation
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for faster autofocus - even during 7fps continuous mode
- Smartphone connectivity and image transfer via Wi-Fi, NFC or low energy bluetooth all in-built.
- 3.2" LCD Touchscreen with ClearView II Technology
- Electronic Viewfinder (EVF) with high-definition OLED display
Find out full specifications and more information on the Canon EOS M5 mirrorless camera by clicking on the link below, or take a read of our blog to see why the M5 is a tempting proposition to make the jump up to mirrorless.Pre-order now
Canon EOS M5 Kits
Fujifilm GFX 50S
Building on the format that forms the basis of photography history, Fujifilm’s GFX format and the GFX 50S medium format camera present a new avenue for photography lovers. Whether you’re a studio photographer shooting anything from still life to fashion, or a fine art landscape photographer, the GFX 50S will deliver amazing images through some outstanding lenses.
- 51.4 megapixel all-new CMOS sensor
- 43.8 x 32.9 mm sensor
- Tiltable screen for waist-level shooting
- External Electronic View Finder
- Adapted to various aspect ratios (4:3, 3:2, 1:1, 4:5, 6:7, 6:17)
- Uses X-Processor Pro imaging processor
- Light-weight design and compact body
- Ergonomically similar to the X Series predecessors
- Ability to shoot via external monitor and tethering
- Optional vertical battery grip
- Compatible with all new G-Mount lenses
Designed by Leica Camera Germany, built for lovers of light and creative souls, the Leica Sofort brings a sophistication and seriousness to instant photography for those looking to rediscover pure human interaction through physical images.
- Designed by Leica Camera in Germany.
- Scene modes such as ‘Party’, ‘Selfie’, ‘Sport’, and ‘Macro’.
- Improved available light performance due to later automatic flash and longer shutter speeds.
- More natural available light images.
- Unique lens toggle system for focus setting.
- Easy focus control for better images.
- Flexibility for additional user settings with the program mode.
- Distance setting works independent from the selected program.
- New Monochrome instant film available as well as Colour instant film.
- Fits all Fuji Instax film.
New Leica SL Lens and Accessory
Standing out from the smartphone crowd with Olympus technology, the Olympus PEN E-PL8 is a light and compact lifestyle companion for anyone with an eye for fashion and style. Designed to look great whatever your image, the new shape and leather look finish add an eye-catching flourish to an already distinctively feminine camera.
- Iconic fashion item with high-end interchangeable lens-camera performance
- Category-defining, curvaceous design with high-grade finish and eye-catching details
- Flip-down, reversible touchscreen and automatic selfie mode
- High-quality still and video selfies
- Built-in Wi-Fi for easy transfer to compatible smartphones, tablets and social media
- Remote control via smartphone for full-body fashion shoots
- Easy-access Art filters for adding creative effects to photos and movies
- Made to match Olympus exclusive accessories designed specifically for the fashion-conscious
- Compatible with full range of first-class M.ZUIKO Lenses including the 45mm Prime portrait lens
Olympus E-PL8 Kit
Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II
New Zuiko Lenses and Accessories
The Panasonic G80 bolsters the impressive line-up of mirrorless micro four-thirds cameras, containing some advanced still-image and video capture technologies built around ultra-high definition 4K. These are enhanced by an all-new 5-axis image stabilisation system which compensates up to an extra 5 stops, making for some great low-light and handheld photography possibilities – as well as boosting the quality of video output.
- High image quality from the 16MP Digital Live MOS Sensor with no Low Pass Filter
- Advanced 5-axis Dual Image I.S. Stabilisation system with 5-stop compensation
- Electromagnetic shutter unit for 90% reduction in shutter shock
- 9 frames-per-second shooting for more than 200 Jpegs
- Splash and dustproof design
- 4K PHOTO with Contrast Autofocus
- Focus stacking and Post Focus
Find out full specifications and more information on the Panasonic G80 mirrorless camera by clicking on the link below, or take a read of our blog to learn about the latest technologies that drive this new camera.Pre-order now
Panasonic G80 Kit
Other Panasonic Releases
Sony A99 Mark II
The Sony a99 Mark II signals a return to focus for Sony on their impressive range of DSLR cameras – and what a way to show the world that there is life in their Sony a-mount yet. With a really impressive 42.4MP Exmor CMOS sensor, Hybrid Phase Detection AF with 79 dedicated AF-points, 4D Focus and a nice 12fps continuous shooting ability.
A feature of Sony DSLRs in recent years has been the translucent mirror technology which brings a raft of technical advances – including the ability to incorporate an electronic viewfinder, usually found in mirrorless cameras. They have also borrowed technology from their E-mount cameras to build in 5-axis Image Stabilisation for the first time in one of their DSLRs, which will be an asset to those who want to film handheld 4K video.
- 42.4 megapixel full-frame sensor
- 12fps continuous shooting
- Hybrid Phase Detection AF System
- 79 Hybrid Cross AF points
- Translucent mirror technology
- Fast continuous shooting with AF/AE tracking
- 5-axis in-body image stabilisation (as effective as using a 4.5stop faster shutter speed)
- 4K high resolution movies with multiple output options
- 1,228k-dot tiltable LCD monitor
- 8% smaller than the a99
- Bionz X Image processor
- ISO 100-25,600 (expanded to 50-102,400)