The i1Studio comprises:
An award-winning, patented, all-in-one spectrophotometer. The only device you need to profile your monitors, projectors, scanners, mobile devices and printers.
- I1Studio Software – for monitors, projectors, mobile devices, scanners, and printers is based on X-Rite’s award-winning i1Profiler software & provides an easy to navigate interface that delivers expertly calibrated and profiled monitors (including video presets), projectors, scanners, and printers.
- ColorChecker Camera Calibration Software and Mini ColorChecker Classic Target for Cameras – create custom camera profiles (single or dual illuminant) utilising the included industry standard 24 patch target, as well as set a custom white balance and have a neutral starting point no matter what light you are shooting in for a more streamlined editing process. The software includes both a desktop application and an Adobe Lightroom Plug-In.
- ColorTRUE Mobile App for Mobile Devices – to calibrate your Apple iOS devices for a true mobile to desktop colour match of all your images. Download the ColorTRUE app from the Apple App Store.
Monitor Calibration and Profiling:
Once you take the guesswork and frustration out of making sure the colour you see on your display is the colour you expect from your printer, you’ll save time and money and gain full creative control over your images. i1Studio uses advanced technologies to perfect the match between your display and printer.
- Intelligent Iterative Profiling: an adaptive technology that produces optimised results for maximum colour accuracy on each unique display every time you profile.
- Flare Correct™ measures and adjusts your display profile for reduced contrast ratios caused by flare light (or glare) falling on surface of display. By accurately measuring your effective display contrast ratio, you’ll have an even more accurate display profile.
- X-Rite Ambient Light Measurement – automatically determine the optimum display luminance for comparing prints to your display, based on a measurement of the lighting conditions where prints will be viewed.
- Video Standards Support: NTSC, PAL SECAM, Rec. 709, Rec. 2020 and DCI-P3
- Extended User Controls: Custom control of white point, luminance, contrast ratio and gamma. Also, measure other displays or light sources and use as targets.
- Multiple Monitor Profiling: Colour match up to four separate displays for colour accuracy across all your workflow
- Profile Optimisation: Create unique patch sets for optimal results
- Profile Validation and Reminder: View before and after results with included images or load your own, or use the 3D profile gamut viewer ; set reminder intervals to re-profile your display
Projector Calibration and Profiling:
Now, your projected presentations can look the same as your monitor. Build an accurate projector profile in just minutes – it’s as easy as building a monitor profile. The process takes all the room conditions into consideration – projected colours, screen colour and room lighting – so you can be confident that your projected images are showing the way you intended.
Scanner Calibration and Profiling: Scanner profiling is super easy. Simply scan and crop your target to generate a high quality ICC profile. Supports these targets: ColorChecker Classic (Standard and Mini sizes), ColorChecker Digital SG, Reflective IT 8.7/2, Transmissive 4x5 and 35mm IT8.7/1
RGB and CMYK Printer Profiling:
Intelligent iterative profiling technology ensures your output is reproduced accurately from print to print and from printer to printer, delivering professional (alt: expert) quality results for smoothness, highlight and shadow detail.
- i1Studio’s superfast scanning can rapidly measure test charts in less than one minute! Simply scan one 50-patch test chart, and i1Studio will learn how your printer behaves with these colours and dynamically generate a second chart of 50 patches. Then print and scan this second chart of 50 patches and your profile is perfected!
- Option to save your test targets as TIFF files to print later, or for use on a remote printer. i1Studio also supports various paper sizes.
- i1Studio even has the ability to optimize your printer profile for specific colours, flesh tones or captured spot colours. i1Studio creates a 3rd test target based on extracted colours from an image and/or spot colours captured by your i1Studio device. Load your profile, generate your test target, measure and save. It’s that easy.
Black and White Profiling:
Utilising the same intelligent iterative profiling technology for colour prints, our B&W module is specifically engineered to ensure the highest quality results for your black and white prints, resulting in exceptional smoothness, highlight and shadow detail.
- Simply scan one 50-patch test chart, and i1Studio will learn how your printer behaves with these colours and dynamically generate a second chart of 100 patches to better define neutrals. Print and scan this second chart and your B&W profile is now perfected!
- Once you’ve converted your image to B&W and are ready to print, simply apply your custom B&W profile.
- There is also the option to create a profile for a specific B&W look including High Contrast Neutral, Platinum, or Sepia. For those of you who love B&W printing, prepare to be amazed.