Park Introduction To Macro Photography
Beginners Guide to Macro Photography
What is the aim of the course?
The aim of the course is to demystify the subject of macro photography and to capture detailed macro images.
The course will cover the necessary techniques and includes both theory and practical elements
Topics covered during the course
• Close up and macro terminology explained
• Understanding magnification ratios
• Macro on a budget –use of close up filters
• Use of recommended accessories including tripod, cable release, macro lenses, ring flash etc
• Recommended exposure modes for capturing macro images
• Depth of field – why this is relevant and so import
• Use of manufacturers software to aid with capturing macro images*
• Use of third party application and accessories to capture macro images
• Switching from Crop sensor to Full Size sensors and associated benefits and disadvantages
* Using canon remote utility supplied as part of the Canon DPP bundle, applicable to Canon DSLR's only
The course will also include practical demonstrations, all delegates will have the opportunity to capture images using their own or loan equipment during the session.
What can I expect to achieve?
By the end of the course delegates will have a better understanding of the macro genre. the associated equipment and techniques needed and how to capture detailed macro images.
• Approximately 3 hours Start time – 9.30am Finish time – 12.30pm
• If you own a DSLR and macro lens, please bring this along with you, ensuring your battery is fully charged.
• If you have any small objects you would like to capture on the day please bring these along