Olympus launches the most powerful zoom lens in the mirrorless camera category yet
- > 16.6x zoom lens delivering the world's most powerful zoom range in its class
- > Unrivalled compact and lightweight design with a dust-, splash- and freezeproof lens body to shoot in any environment
- > Superb optical design with excellent depictive performance across the entire focal length
- > High-speed, precise AF for both image and video capture
- > Ideal for landscape, street and people photography
- > Excellent close-up shooting performance with a minimum working distance of approx. 10 cm
Cutting-edge zoom performance
in a weather-sealed lens body. the M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-200mm F3.5-6.3 is a 16.6x high-magnification zoom lens that offers a superb optical design with excellent depictive performance across the entire focal length from wide angle to telephoto.
High-speed and high-precision autofocus (AF)
in an amazingly compact and lightweight form with a dust-, splash- and freezeproof design, this versatile lens is ideal for landscape, street and portraits.
The M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-200mm F3.5-6.3 delivers the most powerful zoom of all lenses for mirrorless cameras so far. Covering a focal length of 12-200mm (35mm equivalent: 24-400mm) from wide angle to telephoto while maintaining the compact and lightweight design Olympus is renowned for, this lens is ideal for a variety of different shooting situations.
The reliable dust-, splash- and freezeproof construction known from the M.Zuiko PRO series adds even more versatility by allowing users to shoot under any weather condition.
Optical lens design aimed at high image quality with high-speed, precise AF performance
To thoroughly suppress chromatic aberrations and distortions across the entire zoom range while maintaining a compact lens design, Olympus engineers have given special attention to the arrangement of special optics including Super ED and aspherical lenses. ZERO (Zuiko Extra-low Reflection Optical) coating drastically reduces ghosts and flares.
Furthermore, the ED 12-200mm F3.5-6.3 is equipped with the MSC (Movie and Still Compatible) focus mechanism that uses an inner focus system which moves a single lightweight lens for focusing. This allows for high-speed AF performance in order not to miss split-second photo opportunities