Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 800mm lens f/5.6E FL ED VR
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR
A super-telephoto lens with 4 stop vibration reduction ideal for news photography and shooting distant subjects in track and field, winter sports, and water sports.
- 800mm f/5.6 high-performance super-telephoto lens
- Lightweight, durable and rugged design using magnesium alloy components
- Improved handheld and lowlight shooting thanks to 4 stop vibration reduction system
- Two fluorite and two ED (extra-low dispersion) glass element maximise quality and minimise chromatic aberration
- Dedicated teleconverter (included), extends the focal length to 1000mm with effective maximum aperture of f/7
A super-telephoto lens, ideal for news photography and shooting distant subjects in track and field, winter sports, and water sports. This premium lens includes a dedicated, custom-tuned 1.25x teleconverter that extends the focal length to 1000 mm with effective maximum aperture of f/7, while maintaining outstanding optical performance.
Its durable magnesium alloy body and two fluorite elements substantially minimize lens weight and shift the center of gravity to the rear, providing comfortable, well-balanced handling. The fluorite elements achieve higher transmission rates and lower dispersion than regular or ED glass elements.
Electromagnetic aperture control provides highly accurate control of the rounded diaphragm blades, delivering enhanced stability of auto exposure control during continuous shooting. The Vibration Reduction feature minimizes the effect of camera shake, letting you use shutter speeds that are up to four stops slower.
Nikon’s longest telephoto lens to date now puts even the most distant subjects within reach. The 4 stop VR system helps minimise camera shake, whilst magnesium alloy construction help keep weight down.
High performance super-telephoto lens gets you closer to the action
Vibration reduction system lets you select shutter speeds up to 4 stops slower
Included teleconverter increases focal length to 1000mm