Fujifilm X-T30 Mirrorless Camera Body - Black
FujiFilm X-T30 Mirrorless Digital Camera - Black
The latest model, X-T30, features the new X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor and X-Processor 4 image processing engine, following through with the fourth generation of the X Series. First seen in the superlative Fujifilm X-T3
The X-T30 takes full advantage of the capability of these fourth-generation devices to deliver a significant performance improvement.Previously only available in the X-T3
Compact and lightweight camera body with an SLR-style viewfinder and dial-based operation
The design of the compact and lightweight body bears all the hallmarks of an X Series camera. Both top and base plates are made of lightweight, but highly rigid magnesium alloy.
The top plate features three precision-milled aluminium dials which give the X-T30 a premium feel and allow users to easily adjust the aperture, shutter speed and shooting functions while concentrating on picture taking.
The Drive Dial has a new Video position to switch between still photo shooting and video recording. The Exposure Compensation Dial also has a new C position to enable exposure compensation of up to ±5 stops in 1/3 steps when using the Front Command Dial. Regular exposure compensation of up to ±3 stops in 1/3 steps is available on the top-plate dial.
The X-T30 features a 3.0-inch 1.04M-dot tilting TFT colour LCD monitor suitable for both above head and close to the ground shooting. By combining the Touch Shot function with the tilt LCD monitor, you can get even more creative. Place the camera on the ground and use Touch Shot for a child’s or pet’s eye view or hold it above a crowd of people or an obstacle for high-angle shooting.
It is also equipped with an Auto mode Selector lever for selecting the fully-automatic Advanced SR Auto mode. In this mode, the camera automatically chooses the optimum settings for a given scene to make shooting effortless.
With a magnification of 0.62x and a display lag time of just 0.005sec, the X-T30 has a large, fast viewfinder. It offers a clear, high-definition live view image thanks to the 2.36million-dot organic EL electronic viewfinder, plus visibility has been improved by automatically controlling finder brightness according to the ambient light levels.
The live view display can also be set to the ‘Preview Pic Effect’ option to reflect the shooting conditions and offer a natural view close to that of the naked eye. The viewfinder's eye sensor automatically orientates the information when the camera is held vertically; something that's not possible on models with optical viewfinders.
The body features an integral pop-up flash, positioned in the centre of the top plate. The Super Intelligent Flash automatically adjusts light output according to the scene type
Use of the Series’ fourth-generation devices, new sensor “X-Trans CMOS 4” and new processor “X-Processor 4,” for the highest image resolving performance, color reproducibility and fastest processing in the history of the X Series
The X-T30 features the X Series’ fourth-generation APS-C sensor, seen first in the X-T3. “X-Trans CMOS 4” (26.1MP, without low-pass filter). It uses the unique color filter array synonymous to X-Trans CMOS sensors to control moire and false colors and adopts the Series’ first back-illuminated structure to improve image resolution without compromising the S/N ratio. Furthermore, the sensitivity of ISO160, previously available only as extended ISO, is now part of the normal ISO range. It is very useful in daylight outdoor shooting or when trying to achieve bokeh with a fast large-aperture lens.
(2) The X-T30 uses the new “X-Processor 4” image processing engine to add the new “monochrome adjustment” function to the Film Simulation modes, which are based on FUJIFILM’s proprietary technology to deliver diverse color expressions. Warm black and cool black, conventionally achieved with a choice of specific photographic papers and developers, have been faithfully reproduced digitally to broaden the scope of monochrome expressions. This function is available in the standard “Monochrome” mode as well as the “ACROS” mode, which provides smooth halftones, deep blacks and beautiful textures.
(3) The “Classic Chrome Effect,” previously only available in FUJIFILM’s X-T3 is featured in the X-T30. The effect produces deeper colors and gradation in subjects with highly saturated colors, such as vivid-colored flowers with shadows, a notoriously difficult photo subject for gradation reproduction. The high-speed processing power of the X-Processor 4 means this effect can be applied not only in single shots but also in continuous shooting.
2. Use of the new devices and improved algorithm for significant improvement in AF performance in low light and when tracking a moving subject
(1) The X-Trans CMOS 4 has 2.16M phase detection pixels, more than 4 times compared to current models , increasing the phase detection AF area to entire frame (approx. 100%). Fast and accurate phase detection AF can be used even on a subject that is positioned away from the center of the frame. The low-light phase detection autofocus limit has also been extended by around 2 stops from -1EV to -3EV, making it possible to accurately focus in low light conditions, e.g. a scene lit only with candlelight, or night-time photography. Furthermore, the X-Processor 4’s high processing speed and improved phase detection algorithm means the camera refocuses (AF) and meters (AE) 1.5 times more frequently than current models to enable accurate autofocus even when shooting sports involving fast and erratic movements across the frame.
(2) The performance of face-detection AF on a moving person has been doubled over current models . The eye-detection AF supports the AF-C mode, maintaining accurate focus tracking even in portrait photography that involves movements. The X-T30 focuses accurately when shooting a person front-on or side-on, even in situations where the face- or eye-detection AF previously had difficulty. The face- and eye-detection AF is available also during video recording to achieve smooth filming of persons.
3.Enhanced video functionality
The X-T30 has more advanced 4K/30P video functionality, ability to record high resolution audio without requiring additional equipment and eye tracking functionality during video recording.
The X-T30 records in 6K (6240x3510) to produce stunning quality in 4K (3810x2160). The camera also supports the DCI format (17:9), which gives an even more cinematic look to your videos.
The Film Simulation modes can be applied not only when shooting stills but also while recording video, including the “ETERNA” motion picture emulator.
4K/30P video can be recorded at 4:2:0 8bit to an SD card. F-log recording and 4:2:2 10bit via the HDMI port capabilities means the camera can record video suitable for more serious videographers.
Fujifilm's X-T30 mirrorless camera is a high-end camera with a 26MP sensor that will appeal to professionals and enthusiasts alike. Keeping much loved features from the X-T20, such as incredible ergonomics, shutter, exposure compensation and ISO control dials on a sleek body, the X-T30 now features improved autofocus and video capacity unrivalled for a camera with an APS-C sensor.
The X-T30 also has the new X-Trans 4 Processor first seen in the X-T3, that improves autofocus perfomance and allows the X-T30 to offer video capacity that is top of its class for an APS-C sized sensor. Fujifilm have also added touchscreen capability to the LCD screen, enhancing the ergonomic design and instinctive usability that the X-T20 was praised for.
And of course, the sensor allows for Fujifilm to maintain their well-deserved reputation for outstanding colour renditions - providing images with their a charm that pops off the page, straight from JPEG. This is now enhanced with Classic Chrome effect, Advanced Dynamic Range Priority and warm and cold tone adjustments added to monochrome film simulation modes.
|Fujifilm X-T30 Hands-On Review|
|Sensor Type||APS-C X-Trans CMOS 4|
|ISO range||160-12800 Auto (80-51200 Extended)|
|Focus points||contrast SF/TTL & Phase detection 91 points|
|Continuous shooting||30 fps, with pre-shot function|
|Video resolution||4K UHD (4096*2160) 30p, FHD (2048*1080)60p|
|LCD Screen||3.0 inch 1.04 mill dot LCD, 100% coverage|
|Viewfinder||.39 inch 2.36 mill dot OLED 0.6s mag 100% coverage|
|Wireless connectivity||Wi-Fi, Bluetooth with remote camera shooting & file transfer|
|Lens compatibility||Fujifilm X-Mount|
|Storage type||SD/HC/XC slot UHS I/II|
|Weight||333g body, 383g with battery & SD|